AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Cichlid Central
  L# I thinking of giving up my angelfish...
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeI thinking of giving up my angelfish...
chuckie500
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 17
Votes: 0
male australia
I have had an angelfish for about 9 months nnow. IT was smaller of course when I bought him, but now he is much bigger and seems to chase my blue gourami and lace goruami around. I think the hassling is getting worse. Is this common? Should I let her go?
Post InfoPosted 18-Jan-2009 02:54Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
Angelfish can have very differen't personalitys. I would try re arranging the stuff in your tank to break up the territorys. And try put some taller things in the middle to break up the line of site. This mmay help.
Post InfoPosted 18-Jan-2009 03:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
If the Angelfish is showing signs of aggression now I dont think tank alterations will change the aggression very much at all that is if it does.
Personally I would find a new home for her by getting a bigger tank and possibly a healthy male for her. Other than that take it back to your LFS before any damage is done to the other fish.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 18-Jan-2009 09:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
yea some angels are aggressive but waht do u mean by let her go...... like sell or give it to a store?
Post InfoPosted 18-Jan-2009 11:26Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
i have only kept on angelfish ever but this worker for me. like another member said was to break up the line of sight in the tank. i took alot of the taller fake plant and did a whole row right across the middle of the tank from the front glass to the back glass the did the same with medium-small plant on the right and left sides of the original row of the tall fakes.worked for me, and its worth a try before you get rid of the fish,very especially if you like and enjoy him/her
Post InfoPosted 18-Jan-2009 23:07Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Other than putting a solid divider in your tank nothing will work in the long term. Fish are very cunning and will teach its self to go around and through plants and remember the older it gets the more cunning and aggressive she will get.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 19-Jan-2009 05:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
you could try a densly planted tank so that it wil be unlikely they would find each other, and if they do there is lots of hiding places.
Post InfoPosted 19-Jan-2009 05:37Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies