Does the rule of feeding all he can eat for two minute apply to an Oscar fish
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2010 02:38Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
The "two minute" rule is very vague and doesn't really account for different feeding rates, which vary greatly among species of fish. I've found a better (though still not perfect) rule of thumb is that a fish's stomach is about as big as its eye. So that's about the amount of food you want to feed.

><>
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2010 22:37Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
That rule is basically only a guide line to follow. Some fish will eat as much food as you put in front of them.

I have always worked that if there is any food left I have fed too much, which is practically impossible as I measure all the food not a pinch here and there.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 09-Jun-2010 03:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kinley
Small Fry
Kudos: 6
Votes: 0
When it comes to feeding the fishes, here also there are some rules to be followed. They are not like human beings, so we have to feed them at regular intervals and adequately. One caution is that they should never be overfed also. You may feel it funny when you know that there is a rule for feeding the Oscar fish in which we have to feed them for two minutes. And that is the amount required for it. Different fishes have their own peculiar feeding styles.
Post InfoPosted 27-Nov-2010 07:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies