AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# Classifieds
  L# Looking for Ontario breeder of bettas, large number needed. Wedding reception.
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeLooking for Ontario breeder of bettas, large number needed. Wedding reception.
BruceTheBetta
-----
Hobbyist
Votes: 0
female canada
I'm looking for either 28 males, or around 65 females.

Centerpieces for reception tables, will be including care guides and starter kits for all fish (2.5g with filter).

I am not opposed to going to the LFS and buying them, just figured someone on here might know of a better way (to save costs).
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2007 06:24Profile PM Edit Report 
1of2
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 3
Sounds like abeautiful arrangement.
Are you sure it is a good idea giving fish away to people who probably don't want them or might not give them proper care?
Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2007 09:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Sounds like a nice idea as well. Adam and I considered it for our ceremony....at least I think we did

I'm sure you've considedred the noise level that might be surrounding them?

Another idea might be to have them around the guest book where it might be a little calmer in case there's plenty of music.

Oh, and I hope you'll post pics in RR if this ends up working for you, let us know .

^_^

Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2007 21:53Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
I have to agree that it is risky to use live animals as center peaces. Ok besides if people want fish they will go out and get fish right. a 2.5gal tank is more work than a 25gal tank right. thanks for the gift right. Also let get drunk and take fish home in the car do you think it will live until you sober up enough to get up and set up the free tank. Sorry give a living animals is bad. I know it would look great but are the soles of 30 fish worth it and the cost for 30 tanks. Man, spend that on one big tank for you new wife better get her into the hobbey quick.
Congraduation on you wedding, here wishing a 100 ear of happiness and 100 more still in love

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2007 05:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
If you find the right breeder, you may be able to rent the fish for the evening, sending them back to the breeder afterwards for some R&R .

Give the setups away as gifts and give the guests the phone number of the breeder, that way the new owners can start with a fish that hasn't been exposed to a wedding (they are exhausting enough for humans!).

I'm planning on having fish IF the boy ever gives in Opaque VTs swimming around double blacks in an internal cylinder. Put much thought into the hows, and it does actually involve bolting the lids on

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2007 15:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Purpleosiris
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 8
Votes: 2
female canada
hahah I don't know what's worse driving drunk or giving away fish.............Lets see

DRIVING DRUNK!!
common holy cow

Maybe you could set up a list somewhere that if someone does not want the fish they can write there name down right away. I like the idea but do you have an plan if say 25 people don't want them? I have seen this done but to cut down on unwanted fish they only gave to the bridal party.

Good luck with the wedding!!!
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2007 21:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Hooben

-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 219
male usa us-texas
Another horror would be if kids started to throw them into the same bowls to fight. It could be enough to ruin a fish lovers wedding day. Be very careful my friends.

Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2007 05:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dreamweaver8891
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 533
Votes: 79
female usa
I'm kind of thinking along the same lines as Hooben... but I wouldn't blame just kids --- When one of our local department stores has a "Special Sale" on Bettas, the shelf is stocked with lots of males stocked in small bowls side by side.... Naturally the array of beauty brings many admirers... Unfortunately, there are always those who enjoy a little drama - and I have seen grown adults (or at least they're supposed to be adults!) - talking about the "fighting fish" - and the next thing you know there are two males in one of the small bowls literally shredding each other to pieces - with no "kids" in sight! SHAMEFUL AND HEARTBREAKING!
You might want to consider placing several Betta containers on the main table of the wedding party - and then keeping with the theme, small bowls filled with seashells on all of the other tables..... It would still provide quite a stunning effect I believe.....

To thine own self be true...
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2007 20:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
At my wedding this past may my wife had her cousin (the cake maker) use betta vaces for the cake. It was pretty cool! I will try and post a picture sometime soon.

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 24-Feb-2007 03:33Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
Hey wings, I'd like to see those pictures. Hope you can get them up sometime soon.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 08-Mar-2007 00:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies