TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by TankWatcher
Sadly my Apistogramma Bitaeniata male passed away over night.

I'm left with a very healthy breeding female. What I'd like to do is find her another mate. Does anyone know if they've seen one in Sydney (prepared to drive outside of Sydney too) either in a LFS or a private hobbyist who has bred a spare male that is for sale. Here is the best shot I ever took of my male, so you can see what I'm looking for.

My first choice would be if I can get a mate for my female, but I also hate to see her alone. If that fails, another possibility would be if any of you have a male you're not prepared to part with, then I'd rather see my girl happy with you in a nice well kept home, than see her sad & alone.

Happy to hear any suggestions on leads for male fish. Would prefer just the male, but will buy a pair if necessary.

Thanks

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 04-Sep-2006 01:21Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
I'll keep an eye out and ask around. Have you put up a wanted post on Petlink also? I know a lot of Sydneysiders frequent the lists there.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 05-Sep-2006 04:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
EditedEdited by TankWatcher
Thanks so much Callatya.

I've never heard of Petlink. I guess it's www.petlink.com.au ?

Anyway, the good news is when I came home from work yesterday, Mrs Bita has about 20 free swimming fry - so I might be lucky & grow my own replacement.

Still, if you see a bitaniata that looks like mine, I'd really love to know where.

Thanks.

EDIT: Add is now in petlink. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 05-Sep-2006 14:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies