Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeA Bit Too Much Fish
Barb Boy
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
Votes: 1
male canada
i have a 25 gallon aquarium with 5 tiger barbs, 6 rosy barbs, 5 zebraa danios, 4 pearl danios, 2 blue longfin danios and a bristlenose pleco. i was thinking i would get rid of the danios to get 6 cherry barbs and a bristlenose pleco. would that relieve any crowding
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2007 00:42Profile PM Edit Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
Honestly, aren't you already overstocked with just the two types of barbs you have in there? Rosies get to be over 5" and tigers almost 3", right? Just the rosies put you at 30 inches of adult fish if they reach their full potential. I know they don't often get that size in captivity, but even with 11 fish in the 3-4" range, you're probably more than stocked for a 25 gallon aquarium.

Even if you had room for the fish you want, keep in mind that tigers and rosies are voracious eaters. My cherry barbs are pretty shy fish, and my BN is darn near a recluse, so I don't know that the two species would get enough food due to competition.

I was cautioned against putting rosies into the 55 I'm starting up, for the reason that they would out-eat the other fish I'd be putting in. They sure are pretty, though... I may go for it anyway and hope for the best.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2007 01:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
My son and I love Tiger Barbs, we had 4 and lost one. I am planning on getting probably 2-3 more and then maybe a 1-2 of one other small, non schooling species to fill out the tank (20 gal).

Of course, I will probably just HAVE to get another, larger tank once this one gets going, lol! MTS!!
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2007 02:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
To relieve that over crowding the only way to do that and keep all those barbs would be to go to a far larger tank. Even then they might not be fully compatable when they grow larger. Your choice will be which variety to keep and stick to that one variety.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2007 03:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies