L# Orange Danios???
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeOrange Danios???
bettadude
Fingerling
Kudos: 15
Votes: 3
usa
hey my mom was telling me about these orange minnow/danio type things that got along really good with bettas and i am getting a bigger tank tomorrow so plz reply with any ideas on wat type of fish it might be!!! thank u

experience is something you dont get until right after you need it
Post InfoPosted 03-Jan-2009 02:59Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
To start of with you will have to cycle the new tank first before you even think of putting fish into it.
As you have one tank set up already can I assume you know how to cycle a tank?
Personally I think Danios will be to fast for the Betta they prefer a quiet tank.

When I had the Betta in my 45lt tank I had Cardinal Tetras they get along extremely well. Cardinals will cost you more but they are worth the extra money as they are always a healthy and stronger fish.
I also had Khuli Loaches they are excellent food cleaners they can get into spots no other fish can

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Jan-2009 04:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
to cycle your tank you should purchase some test kit for atleast ammonia, and nitrite/nitrate.if u already have a tank up and running then u can add a little water from the tank to "kick "start the cycle with beneficial bacteria
Post InfoPosted 06-Jan-2009 03:38Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
Maybe your thinking of orange glofish? I dont know how well they get along with bettas. Kieths probably right about them being to fast for the betta though. Google Orange glofish and see if you recognize the pictures. Hope that helped!

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2009 01:12Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Could even be glolite tetras.

I've heard of glolite danios before, and apparently there are not dyed or GM, but I can't find the species anywhere, so perhaps it was a misunderstanding

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2009 07:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
My thought for this is white cloud mountain minnows, although they might not exactly be actually orange...

Callatya, you're thinking Danio choprai. They are one of the most beautiful danios IMO, although Danio margaritatus is my favorite for now.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2009 10:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
That is them! Ta shiggy

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2009 11:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
apandaepidemic
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
I was thinking glofish as well, since they're technically danios. If so, they're no different from regular zebra danios as far as behaviour, they just look different. We just started carrying them at the store I work at, they're pretty cool little guys. They come in orange, green, and red (although I think it looks much more pink). Even better if you can get some type of black light over them.
Post InfoPosted 28-Aug-2009 19:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies