L# Cyprinid Corner
  L# Oscars, Black Knife Fish and Parrot Fish
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeOscars, Black Knife Fish and Parrot Fish
Dude
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
Hello all i don't know if this is the right part off the forum to ask this question as i'm very new to his site.

Anyway the thing is i have got a 200 litre tank what i like to put some lovely Oscars into, I had 26 fish in the tank what i have taken some off the fish out and put them into separate tanks. So all i have got in the tank now are one big pleco what i know will go with Oscars fine. One big cat fish what i will watch to see how it will go on with the Oscars. One Black Knife Fish and two Parrot Fish. I had the Parrot Fish in a small 46 litre tank what was to small for them so i taken the Parrot Fish out and put them into the 200 litre tank.

My question is will Oscars, Black Knife Fish and Parrot Fish be ok in the same time?

The tank as got a lot off space so the fish can move about and it's got some fish hiding places.

If any one can help me on this question that will be cool as i have seen many videos showing Oscars, Black Knife Fish and Parrot Fish in the same tank all fine. But i don't know if it's a good idea or not.

I miss having Oscars one off the best fish to keep. Use to keep them when i was a kid and love to get back into it.

Thnak you all
Post InfoPosted 04-Dec-2012 01:46Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
That tank is too small for an oscar, let alone more than one.

Just because you see a video of it online doesn't mean it's right.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2012 03:49Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
peter9091
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
hmm nice reply ...

Peter
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2013 07:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
EditedEdited 28-Apr-2013 22:15
Hi Peter,
Your question is a good one, and the fact that you asked, beforehand, shows that you are thinking about the health and wellfare of your fish.

Oscars are a fascinating fish. However, they can easily exceed 12 inches in body length, not counting fins, and in the Amazon where they live, adults are pan fried and feed an entire family!

Here is a site you should look through before making a decision:

http://www.oscarfishlover.com/tank-setup

Hope this helps...

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2013 23:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies