Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWill They Mix Ok?
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
hey guys,i put a deposit on a 25cm,black shark today,ill pick him up in a few days,now the tank i want to put him in,already has a red tailed black shark in it,the rtb is not real nasty,he ether hangs with my clown loach or by himself,now the blackshark(a big robust fella)is easy twice the size of the rtb,will the 2 fight,or will the rtb get picked,in all the years of keeping fish,i never had a blackshark,ive had all the other sharks!if yous dont think he will mix ok with the rtb,i can put him in my other tank,with cichlids in there,the shark is way bigger than the cichlids....
Post InfoPosted 17-Oct-2008 06:07Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
One thing I do know as the RTBS gets bigger and older they can very easily become the boss of the tank especially at feeding time.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Oct-2008 10:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
yeah ive herd they can be nasty,but the rtbs ive got,he is pretty plasid,he just ether hangs with my loach or just does his own thing,im more worried about the size difference between the 2,the black shark is easy 2 times the size of the rtbs!but ive been doing some reading,and depeding on the fish,the blacksharks can be very nasty,plus capable of reaching a whopping 82cm,that gives them tankbuster status!,ill give it a go,and if they dont mix,ill move the rtbs instead of the blackshark,its only fair that he gets the bigger tank!have any of you guys got a LARGE blackshark,if so,whats your fella like?
Post InfoPosted 17-Oct-2008 12:07Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
The link below is to Countryfish's thread about this 240G tank. I believe he keeps a black shark along with both Red Tailed and Rainbow Sharks. As far as I know he has not had any problem between them. I would send him a PM about your question and have him reply to your thread.
http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/threads/34343.1.htm?1148#

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2008 01:07Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
yeah great ill do that,i was only worried after i red the post,it says they are quite nasty,but when i picked him up 2day(still in the bucket now)i was able to speak to the prevoius owner,and he said that when he had him,he was very well behaved,he even had it in with smaller fish,so ill whip him in the tank in about 10 minsmean while ill pm country fish....
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2008 06:09Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
well what a friggin nightmare that turned out to bei added the shark,and within about 15mins,he started,first off,he challenged my blue acara pair,and even tho they were not scared of him,they tryed to protect there fry,but due to the sheer size difference,the shark was just making a b-line straight for the fry,he ate every last 1(im not worried about the fry,they have another batch in a week or so!anyway after eating the babies he started checking out the tank,and came across the RTBS,well far out,then it was just constant harrasment,round and round they were going,and the black shark,wasnt happy,his colour was so black,and the poor redtail,he went a real dull colour!so once he had givin the redtail a beating,then he kicked my featherfin catfish out of his house,so then them 2 got into a scuffle..plus he broke some roots of my anubias plant,from darting around..so after watching all this,i said thats it,enuff is eunff!so it took me about ten mins to net him despite his large size,he was so fast and has a nack for swimming throo and around things with ease,so after i caught him,i had to move him to a smaller tank,but this tank has all cichlids in it,after checking that tank out,and after a fight with my salvini,(the salvini gave in too)he has calmed down,and staked himself a place to hang,so HOPEFULLY,he will behave in this tank,.watching him now,i think he needs to be in with larger AGGRESIVE fish/cichlids.ill feed him some blood worms,and get him settled in,and see how it all goes..i tell ya what,i dont know what the smaller fish were that the old owner had in with this shark,they must have been FAST!
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2008 07:58Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
well now that he has been put in the cichlid tank,he has settled right down,but so far now that he has staked him self a home,he never comes out,infact im finding him quite boring,if he dosent perk up soon,im thinking about trading him back in,i just figure for a fish of his size,and he has taken a prime peace of territory,id rather have a more active fish in there...
Post InfoPosted 20-Oct-2008 09:51Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies