Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe30 Gallon
quick_silver_2694
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 57
Votes: 1
male canada
Well after my last appartment i was kicked out because my tank was to large so after finding a new place, i decided to setup the 30gallon i had just lying around, ne ideas as to what to put in it?
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2007 15:05Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I would ask how long has it been "lying around" as you put it? Depending how long since it has been used it could easly have some leaks. Fill it up first and see what happens then decide what you can do with it. To test it I would certainly not do it inside just in case. Being lying around it might be OK for a while then it could easly start leaking.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2007 02:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Jerrard
----------
Fingerling
Kudos: 19
Votes: 5
male canada
if it does leak you can strip the tank and re caulk it with AQUARIUM Caulking, which is non toxic obviously.
cheaper them buying a new tank

thanks

1-Ancistrus triradiatus 4-Gymnocorymbus ternetzi 2-Danio frankei
2-Danio rerio 2-Danio Starfire 2-Chromobotia macracanthus 2-Erpetoichthys calabaricus 4-Ampullariidae 1-Mastacembelus erythrotaenia
Post InfoPosted 05-Oct-2007 03:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Zix Stix
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 7
Votes: 4
male canada
Jerrard, I didn't even think of using AQUARIUM cauckink for my ten gallon tankt that I badly cracked when carrying it. So I threw it off my roof into my pool It Broke

Cheers,

~Zix Stix~
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2007 07:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Optimusprime
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 6
male canada
I got a 30 gallon and a 80 gallon in our apartment...Shhhh don't tell my landlord

"All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was."
Toni Morrison.
CHECK MY PROFILE FOR PICTURES.
Post InfoPosted 24-Oct-2007 05:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Twilight
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 76
Votes: 92
female canada
We're only allowed fish tanks and caged birds in our apartments, as is generally the case in Victoria.

I checked mine for leaks in my bathtub, which (of course) was only for about 24 hours, although I did it three times hoping that'd help. Now I just hope that it doesn't develop a slooooow leak from a weak spot.

I vote! Do you?
Post InfoPosted 24-Oct-2007 07:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies