L# Ammonia Spikes
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAmmonia Spikes
AxlRose
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
Well as of last week i thought my cycle was over. I had a nitite spike and everything, and my ammonia was zero. So when everything was 0 and Nitrates were between 10-20 i decided to get a dwarf gourami to add to my 4 platties. Well 1 platy recently died(i think it's just from the cycle effects) But now I checked my ammonia and it was .25 or higher. Whats up? What would cause this? the trites are still 0 and trates are around 20. I just don't see why I would be getting ammonia readings again.
Post InfoPosted 09-Feb-2006 05:56Profile PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
When you do a water change what do you add to the water? The reason I ask is that some products that neutralise ammonia will give you a false reading.
Only other thing I can think of is that perhaps the platy that died ofset the completed cycle and the tank is getting back into balance again.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 09-Feb-2006 06:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
AxlRose
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
I add Amquel to it because I have ammonia in my tap. But even if the dead platy did offset it I added the gourami to it 2 days before, so I would think the gourami would make up for the loss of the platy.
Post InfoPosted 09-Feb-2006 06:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies