Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeI upgraded to a 55g
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 6
female usa
well yesterday a very nice person gave me his 55g tank and stand and live plants and alot of guppies and fry that was in it and one ghost shrimp, I added my 3 guppies to the bunch and 1 pepper cory 2 albino corys and 2 bronze corys to the 55g and 2 female bettas, dont worry i have lots of places for the fry to hide i have java moss draft wood lots of other things in there i was wanted to add something else to the tank maybe more corys, oh and the guppys he gave me are hybrids he cross breed them i have a fish book and want i can tell they are rainbow guppies crossed with fancy and they are kinda small sized guppie not you usally size either when i added my 3 guppies to the bunch i can tell the difference between size and my male guppies is a veiltail his tail is bigger than him and his he gave me dont have and tails like mine it so maybe adding him willl bring some very nice baby in the future, oh and i was going to add my 4 mollie to the tank but they like to get fry, when they were in my 20g i wondered way i never got anymore fry in there well i found the problem it was the mollies eating them they would almost mess up the tank try to catch them so i didnt add them to the tank they are in a 10g for now
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2008 20:20Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 19
well congrats on the 55 with guppies! enjoy it, Im jealous you just "got" it, I need another tank! lol
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2008 21:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
Thanks !! what else should i add??
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2008 23:09Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
If you have a lot of Guppies adventually you will certainly be over stocked but if the Bettas keep the fry down there should not be a problem

Congrats on the tank what else came with the tank?

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2008 05:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
well yeah thats true, im wanted to add something that will keep the snails down i have a ton of them mostly trumpet snails and i dont want them eating my live plants in there up,

heres what came with the tank
55g tank
55g tank stand
live java moss and like 5 other type of plants
and Dreft wood oh and a fern like plant growing on the DW
and a small log with plant growing out of it
and a whisper 30-60 gallon pump and the divided long light tops and med sized rock gravel
1 ghost shimp
alot of different breed of guppies some look like peacocks
spots and they are smaller than my 3 guppies i put in there I think some might have been bred with some endlers

and thats all that came with the tank

and i added my 3 guppies to the tank 1 veiltail fancy guppie and 2 females and 5 corys and 2 female bettas,
was going to add 4 mollies but i put them in a 10g i had. maybe in the next couple weeks ill set my 20g back up when i have more availible room my little sister has the pump that goes to the 20g right now because the same guy that gave me the 55g gave me a 30g too i gave it to sister she needed more than me
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2008 11:26Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 19
you could always add something peacful that may help keep the fry count down, like some apistos
Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2008 22:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies