6 african dwarf frogs
Post InfoPosted 12-Nov-2006 03:06Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Kunzman96
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 91
Votes: 115
male usa
My first question is how big are the fry? I would be concerned about their safety in your tank. Even though you have a peacful mix of fish there, platys, mollys and guppys are known to eat their fry. Also, I am not an expert on stocking a tank but in my honest opinion, your overstocked. I personally would get the fry into a tank of their own. I am sure one of the more experience people on this site will be along to help you soon. I hope my 2 cents helped. Good luck!

"Talk is cheap. Action can be almost as affordable"
Post InfoPosted 12-Nov-2006 19:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 6
female usa
yeah it might be a lil overstocked right because of the fry in there but i dont have room for another tank in my house at the moment I already gave away alot of my fish i had in a 10g tank so i could take it down to make room for my computer in here because the room that was once my computer room will be my new babys room. I gave alot of my fish to my sister but she has nomore room for anymore and there is no fish place here to give them to the new pet place we just got here doesnt take in fish from people except her breeders because of diseases and the only other place is walmart and they dont take fish back which I havnt brought any fish in a while anyways most of minw were born into the tank and others i have had for a while, but Ihave been keeping the population in the tank down i think alot because most that are born in the tank die or get eaten but the guppies i have are kinda to big to be eaten by anything in the tank and the mollies i have usually go down to like maybe one or two survive because my frogs eat them which is ok I know sounds mean but it keeps the population down in there
Post InfoPosted 12-Nov-2006 20:59Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Kunzman96
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 91
Votes: 115
male usa
It does not sound mean. I have a coworker that lets things happen "natural" in her tank. I would not do things like that myself but I will not judge you. It sounds like you made a good attempt to find them a home anyways. What I would do though is get that 10gal tank out, unless you gave that to your sister too, and see if there is any room under your 20gal. for it. some stands actually have room for a smaller tank below. If that is not the case I would find room somewhere until I could find them a home. But then I have alot of friends who are in this hobby that I could ask. Sorry for your situation, hope I helped!

"Talk is cheap. Action can be almost as affordable"
Post InfoPosted 12-Nov-2006 22:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
When those Guppies and Mollies start breeding you will have a massive problem as far as over stocking. Even if only 10% of the fry survive just think what will happen then.

If you can remove the female guppies it certainly will help a litle if not the males will give the few females a very hard time,

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 13-Nov-2006 00:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies