SubscribeOak Leaves etc in Australia?
marine_race
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 110
Votes: 7
male australia
Hi Guys!
I'm looking at starting an asian blackwater type biotope set up. Any Aussies out there know where i can source some oak leaves or the like to darken up the water and make the tank look nice and genuine?
Cheers, Ben
Post InfoPosted 22-Dec-2009 01:38Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Indian Almond Leaves might be easier, and they can be sent over from Thailand without problem providing the box complies with labelling requirements and the leaves are clean and bug-free There is a lovely bloke from the UK who is based in Thailand that sends the leaves over (all OK'd with AQIS) but I'm afraid I can't recall his name. They do show up on gumtree etc from time to time, but most are originally coming through this fellow If you know anyone in FNQ apparently they use the indian almond trees as street trees so you can get someone to post you down the fallen leaves from there

Oak trees seem to pop up in schools and parks.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 22-Dec-2009 03:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
marine_race

Where are you in the land of OZ

I have a huge 40ft +++ oak tree opposite and I can get as many leaves as you want but I would prefer to wait until they fall next year and collect them for you.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 22-Dec-2009 05:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies