Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
I have been hearing rumours that Pimafix is no longer available from wholesalers here in Aus. I had a peek at works wholesale list and it is no longer on there. Any other Aussie members heard this?

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2006 12:30Profile PM Edit Report 
upikabu
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 393
Votes: 44
male australia
EditedEdited by upikabu
I haven't heard about it, but just checked the place I usually buy it from and sure enough, it said "currently not available in Australia". But it then went on to say "It should be available again in a few months". My guess is it's going to be repackaged so that it doesn't say medicine in the label, just like the waterlife meds did, so they can bypass the whole dodgy regulations.

http://aquaticlifeaquariums.com.au/default.html?lang=en-uk&target=d471.html

Thanks for the heads up!

-P
Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2006 15:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Thanks upikabu.

I noticed that waterlife products were back and wondered how they managed to get through our silly regulations. No octozin back on the shelves though.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2006 05:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by Callatya
Unless something is proven and registered (at least 4K for registration alone, usually oodles more) they are not allowed to make claims as to therapeutic benefits. Natural products are a very grey area, so I'm a little suprised they've been pulled up on it as plenty of products do a similar thing with their wording.

With Waterlife, they could have done it as I'm pretty sure they had the studies, but it would have meant disclosing the formula and they flat-out refused. Scary when its cleaper to be off the market for X months and to change your packaging (thats not a cheap printing procedure they use) than to go by the law and register.

I'm pretty sure there are claims made on Pimafix too, so yeah, upikabu is probably right.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2006 15:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 14-Mar-2006 15:17
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies