L# General Freshwater
  L# may be living in Guam for a little while
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribemay be living in Guam for a little while
Lophelia
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0

I recently became interested in aquarium fish and I may be heading to Guam for a little while before too long. I thought I would join this forum to learn and ask questions.

I am wondering first of all, where in Guam can I buy freshwater aquarium fish and are there any aquarium clubs in Guam that perhaps I could contact to learn more?

Right now I live in Florida. I don't have any fish. If I bought fish in Florida before going to Guam could the fish survive the trip? Would I be allowed to bring them into Guam?

To avoid those kinds of stressful issues it would probably be much better to wait until arriving in Guam to buy anything, if I decided to take that step.

Thank you for any advice. I hope to learn a lot.

Post InfoPosted 03-Dec-2009 02:35Profile PM Edit Report 
devon7
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 356
Votes: 4
female usa
I seriously doubt that you would be allowed to transport live fish from Florida to Guam... you're not even supposed to bring pecans into california... on the bright side you may find some fabulous fish in Guam!
Post InfoPosted 05-Dec-2009 07:07Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Lophelia
Small Fry

Thank you for the reply. I have obtained the list of fish species allowed into Guam. It is too long to post here.

I'm still hoping to learn of good places to buy fish while in Guam or of any aquarium clubs there.

Post InfoPosted 07-Dec-2009 18:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Hi,
If I were you I would contact these leads directly
for answers to your questions so that you might be
better prepared when you arrive.

Frank

Guam Pet Store
Guam's Quality Pet Store. Tweet Pet Tips. follow Feathersnfins at http://twitter .com. Come in for a visit to see our extensive line of products ranging from ...

www.feathersnfins.com/ - Similar
Feathers `N Fins Store
We are a family owned pet store located on the island of Guam. ... We pride ourselves on being the #1 Pet Store on Guam providing excellent customer service ...

www.feathersnfins.com/who.htm - Similar

[ More results from www.feathersnfins.com ]
Guam Animals In Need
... around your neighborhood, at local stores

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 07-Dec-2009 21:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lophelia
Small Fry

Thank you, Frank. I was already familiar with that pet store. It is the only one in the Guam Yellow Pages. Nevertheless, I appreciate the response. If anybody else knows of other places please let me know.

Guam does not have a Walmart or a Petsmart and their Kmart does not sell live fish.

I have not tried contacting any other stores.

Post InfoPosted 08-Dec-2009 00:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lophelia
Small Fry
EditedEdited 08-Dec-2009 14:04
In case others are interested in this topic, last night I learned of another pet store in Guam called "Little Wings". The number is 671-646-8711.

P.S.

I just did an internet search on the phone number and the name of the pet store might actually be "Little Wangz Petlife".

Post InfoPosted 08-Dec-2009 13:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish671
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
guam
Just to let you know, I live in Guam.
My sister-in-law actually manages Little Wangz Petlife.
We have frequent shipments of both freshwater and saltwater fish, all really nice fish.

You have the number correct: (671) 646-8711

Bringing fish would probably be expensive.
You would have to declare any plants or animals in customs.
It's probably a lot easier to purchase the fish here.

Good luck!
Post InfoPosted 21-Mar-2010 22:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Even if you could bring fish into Guam, they may have some pretty strict quarantine regulations. For instance, when I moved from the US to Australia I did have the option to bring my cats. I'd have to leave them in quarantine for 6 months !!!!!!! That's a long time to leave an animal in quarantine! Granted fish don't really get sulky when left by themselves the way say, a very sulky cat does after 6 weeks, but still.

The amount of effort it'd take to transport fish safely I really think you'd just be better off getting them there. You should consider how long you'll be staying before deciding on what type of fish to get though.

Welcome to the site Looks like you've already found some good contacts in Guam !

^_^

Post InfoPosted 21-Mar-2010 23:02Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
guamgirl1012
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Ive been in Guam for over 2 years now and I frequent feathers and fins pet shop regularly for my furry family friends items but around a week ago, I decided to try Little Wangz Petlife as it is closer to me. I was NOT impressed!!!! I have been twice so far now, once in the morning and once in the afternoon and neither time were the cages of the animals cleaned out, it made me sick to my stomach...............sorry people but if that is your way of treating the furry animals, I would not buy fish from you. I think I will stick with feathers and fins until Wangz cleans up their act.
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2011 06:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Hi,
Sounds like a golden opportunity for a terrific
job opportunity.

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2011 14:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies