Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMarine fish for Brackish tank?
Fish Guy
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1254
Votes: 2
male canada
I was wondering are there any fish or inverts that are marine that can also be alright for a low S.G brackish water setup
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 00:38Profile PM Edit Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
EditedEdited by GobyFan2007
Nerite snails, i think, would be okay in that tank, as they can live in freshwater tanks, and they breed in saltwater or brackish conditions......

Mollies are also an answer.....YOu might not want them though, as they breed a lot!

EDIT: Ive also heard of horseshoe crabs being put in brackish tanks, as they can live in those conditions. My local museum has them in a mangrove brackish huge shallow tank. They grow pretty big though!

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 01:05Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Monos are marine fish often kept in brackish conditions. I think Scats fit the bill too. Knight Gobies (Stigmatogobius sadanundio) I have seen sold as a marine fish, though I'm not entirely sure it actually is one; in any case, these fish will do well in a brackish set-up.

Fishes you can keep will primarily be estuarine or migratory. You won't be able to keep any fish like those that live on coral reefs; these fish naturally live in these relatively stable environments and are not extremely tolerant of changes.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2008 03:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies