Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSerpent stars
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
I was cleaning my aquafuge and when I put the chaeto back in the fuge there was a little serpent star in the bottom of the bucket. He's dark colored with darker bands and about the size of a quarter. I read green serpent stars can be predatory so is this guy reef safe or not? For now I tossed him back in the fuge and he's hanging out on the chaeto again. He'll get too big to live in my little 3g aquafuge won't he? Would it be better to stick him in the main tank or leave him to grow in the fuge for at least awhile?
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2006 10:05Profile PM Edit Report 
dthurs
---------------
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4170
Votes: 529
male usa
If it's a brown star with dark brown bands on each arm, it should be fine. I have one in my reef and have never had any problems with it. I also have a green seperent star with no problems.

Dan
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2006 14:15Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
They do enjoy robbing LPS/anemones and such of their food though. That's the only reason I wouldn't intentionally get one.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2006 22:03Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
He dissapeared into that mess which makes up my aquafuge. There's 3" of sand, 8lbs of rubble, and 2 piles of chaeto so unless I take it apart again I'm not going to find him until he grows a bit. If he does make it and I eventually run into him again I'll try moving him to the main tank.
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2006 05:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies