L# 110g stocking
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe110g stocking
castlequest
-----
Fish Addict
Votes: 0
female usa
Looking for stocking suggestions for a 110g high (48"L x 18"W x 31"H). Something large, and/or striking.
Also I've been out of the hobby for a while and need suggestions for filtration if you have any.
Thanks!
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2010 19:26Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
You probably want a canister or multiple hang-on-back filters in this case. I've never used a canister but I'm sure someone will come along to make recommendations.

Keep in mind, your tank is a tall tank, which doesn't mean much for additional fish. You can't keep fish that would require more than a standard 75 gallon (which has the same width and length). A pair of large cichlids such as Paratilapia polleni I think fits the bill quite well.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2010 21:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
castlequest
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Wow, those are stunning. Thanks for the recommendation!
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2010 22:51Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
WWW.aqadvisor.com/

When you are looking for fish and you want to check out to see if they are compatible or suitable for your tank this is a excellent site to look at

For your tank I would suggest you have a look at the Eheim Canister range. They would be to top of the range and therefore you will have to pay more. There are plenty of copies around but beware you only get what you pay for.

Lighting because of the depth you could be restricted to low light plants.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 04-Jul-2010 02:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
id say go with a pair or trio of angel fish a school of tetras a school of corys and a trio of bristel noes plecos and have it planted with vals and like 2 or 3 amazon sowrds to split up the tank and some driftwood would look sweet...... id say get like 16 of the tetras if there like the red eyes hopefuly they wont be too nippy..... id go with the same ammount of corys.... for a filter if u want to spend some money go with a fx5 they are beastly and u wouldnt really need another filter if u fill with sponge and ceramic rings.... but thats just what i would do if i could spend a med ammount of money...
Post InfoPosted 07-Jul-2010 08:00Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
burnsbabe
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
female usa us-oregon
I think in this sitch cichlids are the way to go. I'm partial to the North American guys since they're under appreciated. I'd grab a boy/girl pair of Jack Dempseys and then use your bit of extra room for some target fish for them such as a school of tiger barbs and a cleaner or two.

But then again, what do I know?
Post InfoPosted 08-Jul-2010 20:57Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies