Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe27 Gallon Hexagon Tank
Dholden007
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 10
Votes: 7
male usa

What would be good stocking options for a 27 gallon hexagon tank (fully cycled- pH7.0). I really like German Rams, Silver Hatchets, and dwarf gouramis. The problem is that the tank is really tall and always looks empty. Angels would probably do well, but I am sort of "ehh" on how they look. Perhaps many zebra danios and neon tetras could look nice as well.
Post InfoPosted 02-Apr-2011 03:05Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
zeketaz
Hobbyist
Kudos: 78
Votes: 1
A pair of Germany Rams would be good. I have cherry barbs and black neon tetras in with mine so neon tetras should go with them fine. Get a bottom dwelling fish to like a kuhli loach or some sort or cory. Also a pleco that stays small.

Just have to make sure you have enough filtration.
Post InfoPosted 20-Apr-2011 13:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
What are the dimensions of the tank? That will really help with stocking questions. Keep in mind german rams are bottom dwellers, if you end up with a breeding pair you will expirience alot of aggression. Hatchets are a top dwelling fish so they would work in a taller tank like that pretty well granted there is enough room for a school of them.
Post InfoPosted 25-Apr-2011 06:44Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Dholden007
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 10
Votes: 7
male usa
Dimensions are 18L x 15D x 24H
Could I get away with keeping 2 Corys (peppered) in this tank? I was also thinking perhaps a few different schooling tetras.(prestilla, cardinals etc) This way the tank looks full, if they school at different levels
Post InfoPosted 25-Jun-2011 00:59Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Hi,
I believe this link should start you off on the right
track...

http://www.howmanyfish.com/hex.htm

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 25-Jun-2011 14:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies