houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
been forever since i've been around do to lots of things...the main one being lack of tanks other than my little 2.5 or 5 (don't remember) minibow that houses Luna the crazy female betta...

Anyways about a month or so ago Kitten found a 10 gallon tank outside her apartment with an overflow box and all the goodies (well most of them) needed for setup. It had been used as a saltwater tank...I am in no mind to go into starting out with sw...I want to go back to my fw fish...so what do i need to do to clean the tank up and make it fw? I've washed it out with water and wiped it out with elbow grease, what else is there?

How do I go to use the overflow box? I've never had one and never learned to use it or set it up...would like to try and get this tank going soon...sick of seeing it sit here and take up room for no reason...thanks Houston

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 04-Sep-2009 17:43Profile PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Washing it out clean should be enough. If the tank looks clean then there's nothing else you need to do to clean it further.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why you have an overflow box and not a sump that it would connect to, unless the 10 gallon itself was the sump...

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 06-Sep-2009 23:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Hello Heidi

Long time no hear or see around.
Say hello to Kitten for me please

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Sep-2009 07:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
no idea why the overflow and not a sump...I know nada about sw...there was another 10 gallon but it was busted up...all in all there were 2 10 gallons, 1 overflow, UGF, the gravely stuff for salt, sponges, and all sorts of pipes, and a hood...

What I have is all sorts of pipes, overflow, 1-10 gallon, the UGF...what do I need to do to set up the overflow? I've never used one before...yes I'm an idiot...Better yet who wants to just set the dang thing up for me? lol

And yes Keith I'll say hi to Kitten when I see her tonight

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 15-Sep-2009 19:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies