L# crayfish
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribecrayfish
fishkeeper225
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 8
male puertorico us-florida
I bought two crayfish and they are with 3 Angelfish will the crayfish bother the angels
Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2010 21:31Profile PM Edit Report 
Dangerous Dave
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 179
Votes: 3
male australia
The crayfish will eventually mutilate and/or eat the angelfish. Its what crayfish do.
Post InfoPosted 20-Apr-2010 05:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
And when they have done that they will ask for more without the please.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2010 03:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
What species of crayfish are they, do you know?

Do you have pictures of your tank that show the decor and filtration?

The setup and species can have an impact on how many fish you lose and how quickly, but generally speaking most cray with fish setups turn into cray only setups very quickly!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2010 05:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 21-Apr-2010 11:05
This post has been deleted
fishkeeper225
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 8
male puertorico us-florida
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx251/cano225/a9a2964d.jpg
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2010 11:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
*squint* I'm bad with my American crays, but it looks like it is at least small enough not to be a hassle for a few months to come. The small ones to moult and grow quickly, but you should have an idea of when it becomes capable of eating your fish before it actually succeeds.

Try to identify it if you can, as you mighth have gotten one of the smaller species that - while still opportunistic carnivores that enjoy a hunt - should be able to co-exist with larger fish. Keep your decor low and try to reduce the desire/possibility of climbing

Fair warning though, whenever you mix something like cray with fish, you have to look upon the prey species as sacrificial. I'm not saying that it will happen, it can be done, but it does have a higher degree of risk than most other combinations. There is no real foolproof way of making it work. If you are happy that you may lose some fish at some point, then you can continue, if not, separate the cray and fish to prevent possible losses.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 27-Apr-2010 09:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies