Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAnother ?
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
It seems like I am in a question asking mood tonight! Do you all have specific times you feed your betta/fish? If I didn't feed him the same time everyday would that be a problem or is it ok? Right now I am feeding him in the morning and at night usually at ll a.m/p.m. Let me know what you do and maybe I will adopt that strategy...

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2007 05:14Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
I feed when I remember, so don't use my method

If I'm doing it to condition for breeding or whathaveyou, I'll feed twice a day, but most often I feed what they can eat once a day. I don't do set times, but usually it'll be after dinner. Depending on the setup, they sometimes get an algae wafer to play with during the day (it takes them a while to eat it )

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2007 05:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
im like calla, they eat when i remember to feed them.

usually at night though. but they wont care when you feed them just make sure you do.
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2007 07:47Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
I work on a shift basis, so i feed them when i'm at home & so it's always different times.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2007 13:06Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I feed both tank every morning as soon as I get up usually about 8am I have this for so long it just becomes a routine at the same time I do a visual check of the tank.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 21-Jul-2007 03:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
Never bothered with feeding times, it gets done when it gets done, even in rescue the only things that had to be fed at a regular hours during the day were baby birds, and I usually fed the diurnal reptiles prior to 1pm , so they had a change to warm up and then still have a long enough to digest their food. There are no such worries with fish, except for fry,so long as he gets some daily, and the odd two day break if he gets fat, it should be fine.
Post InfoPosted 21-Jul-2007 05:18Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
Great, thanks for the ideas! I think I will start just feeding once a day. It seems like he'll either eat real good in the morning and won't eat anything at night or vice versa. So I think I will just feed in the morning.

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 22-Jul-2007 19:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies