SubscribeBetta Help
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
hi all,

my mom wants a betta in the bathroom with a cool vase she found she wants to put it with the bambo and make it look neat but i think its crewl so what do you think
the vase is 3 inches deep and 7 inches wide and holds 700 ml of water heres a pic

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/zzz099/bettabowl2.jpg

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2008 20:05Profile PM Edit Report 
dvd_wightman
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 1
male usa
Definitely not. That vase is not suitable for any Betta in my opnion.

Tanks:
10 Gallon-2 Platies
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2008 21:45Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
IMO, for a living tank, bettas truly need at least 5 gallons for good swimming space, but can get by on as little as 2 or 2.5 gallons. That vase isnt even a gallon, not even a liter! That is best suited for decorative plants....

If you want a fancy betta show home, i would go get one of those 2-3 gallon glass cube vases at any local furniture, hobby, flower, or homegoods store. THey arent too expensive, unless you go to an expensive store, and they are stylish! Makes for great viewing, and the bamboo would look neat!

Get someting similar to this size and youll be fine!

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 02:50Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
male canada
ya that was what i thought just looking at the bowl i dont think the betta would even fit in it but i wanted to know for sure thanks

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 15:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gaia
----------
Fingerling
Kudos: 25
belgium
Buy her a vase like Gobyfan says as a present
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 18:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Aside from the size, the shape is impractical. There is no chance for good oxygen exchange so the fish is likely to suffocate, cleaning and feeding would be near on impossible and you'd lose a lot of swimming space to roots. I'd pet that the stem of the plant would block most of that hole right off too.

Get the plant, lose the fish.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 18:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies