AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Labyrinth Lounge
  L# Quality Dwarf Gourami's Hard to Find?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeQuality Dwarf Gourami's Hard to Find?
Phloyd456
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 1
male usa
I used to find some really nice colorful Dwarf Gourami (Neon variety I belive it was) in my area, now everytime I go to the LFS I see alot of them with very dull colors. And not females ( I know that they are grey/dull as well). Is it like this everywhere? I'm trying to find a few good quality pairs of this fish to breed once again. I tried my ficsh club that I'm in but no one seems to know anyone that works with these fish at all. I checked aquabid and found nothing. I really want these fish and have looked for them off and on for the past few years and it's getting frustrating. Any help or advice anyone could give me would be great. Thanks.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jul-2006 05:27Profile PM Edit Report 
Needeles
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 65
Votes: 52
male usa
Well usally the fish color will fade when they are new to the tank. It is due to stress and when the stress is removed some of the color will come back. Also the type of diet they have can play a big role on the color. If they are given cheap food it will show in there color. I have bought new fish that were very dull but within a couple weeks of having them they begain to get there true color as I put them in a tank that was alot less stressful to them and I also fed them correct foods. Most LFS feed there fish the same types of food and not with a big variaty or with a good amount of nutriants. Also there tanks tend to be overstocked causing the stress. Just my 2 cents for ya.

Live life to it's fullest
Who knows what tomorrow holds
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2006 07:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
If they are stressed out in a tank at the LFS their colours will certainly not be the best. If possible go to the LFS as soon as they open and have been fed. By doing this there is no chance of all the disturbances in the LFS effecting them.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 28-Jul-2006 08:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies