Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFemales die?
kegman75
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 11
Votes: 0
male canada
I have quite often had the problem that when my females give birth they die during the process?? I dont normally remove them from the tank when the are just about ready, I have done this in the past and havent had any luck with this i have tried seperating a female with a tank divider on ocassion with about the same results. Is this a stress thing or from beening pestered by other guppies in the tank. The only other fish in my tank is a pleco and three cory s that barely even know the guppies are there.
Post InfoPosted 15-Jul-2007 22:44Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I would think it is your water is not at its correct peramiters for live bearers guppies.

Please post a full water parimeters of your tank also more infomation about your tank size, plants, and, filtration etc.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2007 06:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 16-Jul-2007 06:55
This post has been deleted
CucumberSlices
-----
Banned
male usa
EditedEdited by CucumberSlices
I have a number of birthing female guppies, if they seem to be haveing trouble giving birth, it can be water quality as keithgh wrote, or they could be blocked-up or as you said stressed out badly. Do they actully have the fry then die or do the just die when there about to give birth? whats you female to male ratio? It should bve at least for every one male two or three females. that way, the males are working there buts off chasing the females around and the females have an almost stress free atmosphere.
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2007 14:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
Any news about the water parameters, kegman75?. As i also think that your tank water isn't that good for Guppy's.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 23:38Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies