Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGuppy Juveniles
stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
Votes: 1
male trinidad-tobago
I know female guppies mature very quickly ( say within 6 weeks of birth) but I wanted to wait say 6 months to let my junvenile female guppies mature and grow well enough prior to letting them breed... I have them segregated and keep them healthy.. Just thought this may contribute to longevity rather than letting them breed too early..

Any thoughts? Many thanks!

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2008 05:54Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
male usa
It will deffinetly make breeding alot less stressful on them.
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2008 11:14Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
The first brood is generally a 'poor one' anyway so keeping them until later will mean your second and subsequent broods are quality.
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2008 00:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
That is possibly the best way to have very healthy breeding stock information I have seen here for a very long time.

I personally would give them a very healthy tank plenty of live plants especially floating eg water sprite this will help when breeding. A good selection of high quality foods dont be afraid to try some thing different if it works fantastic if not as least its one you know they dont like.

Have a look at My Profile at all the foods I have tried and used over the years. Just think of them as wild fish what would they eat certainly not packaged foods.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2008 03:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
male trinidad-tobago
Great support everyone.. Thanks a tonne..

yep, all my fish get a varied diet... My guppies, get a mix of high quality flakes, blood worms, tubifex worms, tiny amounts of egg yolks, mosquito larvea on a rotated diet..

And water change often..

keithgh, hows it going? Great to see you..

I dont think I wilk ever reach show guppy quality though. LOL

its so interesting, a guy from Trinidad, Luke, hes actually been in show guppy for like 40 years now and its amazing what this guy has to offer.. Check it out when u can..
http://ppga.tripod.com/lukesales.html

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2008 17:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies