L# Guppy tank
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGuppy tank
cjp
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 43
Votes: 0
I have a 10gal. with cherry shrimp and java moss,temp at 76,I bought some Bronze tail guppys,1 male and 2 females that I placed in with them.The store that I bought them from had salt in there tank.Do I add some salt mybe 1 tablespoon to the tank or would that harm my shrimp?I don't add salt to my tanks,but would like to raise some guppy fry in this tank.
Post InfoPosted 25-Mar-2007 14:39Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
Guppies don't Need salt. They don't mind it, but they don't need it. Guppies are pretty easy-going. For breeding, as the saying goes, "just add water!"

Just be warned, a trio of guppies like you have are going to easily overstock that tank within a month or two. Each drop of fry can have 10-100 fry. The more drops your females have had, the bigger drop she'll have.

Some say that guppies will eat their young. I found my guppies to pretty much ignore them. For that matter, I stocked a trio of zebra danios (and later, a male betta) in the the tank to act as population control. Unless you have somewhere to sell or put your new generations, you're going to be overrun with guppies.

As for shrimp and salt, I can't think. It's too early in the morning I know they're sensitive to copper, but I don't think salt is bad for them. But don't quote me on that, like I said, I'm still waking up.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 25-Mar-2007 16:57Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
cjp
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 43
Votes: 0
I can tranfer the fry to other tanks as they grow,I just don't use salt.They are very nice looking for guppys,I was caught by that orange yellow coloring that looks quiet striking.
Post InfoPosted 25-Mar-2007 17:19Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies