Post InfoPosted 09-Dec-2006 19:27Profile PM Edit Report 
bettina the shark
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
female scotland
Hi! how are you?

Forgive me if this sounds a bit basic, but you pretty much just need a male guppy and a few females and just let them get on with it! Worked for me!

Bettina
Post InfoPosted 09-Dec-2006 20:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
suemary
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
female uk
Thats the only way for it, nature to take its course. Try to have at least 2 females to 1 male, so the girls dont get too tired.
Post InfoPosted 10-Dec-2006 00:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
EditedEdited by sham
Add water. Seriously they'll breed in just about anything and any type of water if you have at least 1 male and 1 female. It's best to have at least 2 females to a male so the females don't get chased around as much. The main problem isn't getting them to breed it's making sure you can take care of the fry. They will overstock most any tank within a few months if you don't remove the fry. Most stores won't take the fry and it's hard to find other aquarists that will take them if they aren't a special color or of very very good quality. Not offspring of the average store bought guppies. That means you either have to feed them to a larger fish, turtle, etc.. or kill them which most people would agree isn't something they want to do. If you don't think about it ahead of time your going to have hundreds of guppies and nowhere to put them.
Post InfoPosted 10-Dec-2006 00:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
The question usually is what do I do will all the babies (fry)

To start of with have a good tank especially cover for fry when born.
Select two Young and healthy feamales first. They could already be ready to have fry. If you want to breed with a special Male you will have to make sure they have dropped all their fry first. When you arec 100% sure remove all the young fry, and get the male of your choice then let nature take over.
Select the Male you want young and healthy looking.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 10-Dec-2006 07:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies