Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMolly fry!
JBennett181
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 46
Votes: 2
male usa
after my fist month of owning a couple of mollies they brought some new members in to the family...unfotunately i first saw them right before school so i had to leave and couldnt seperate them. when i got home from work it was a fry barren tank. i thought they all got eaten but then i movedd a decoration and sure enough was one of the smarter ones hiding, i seperated him and after moving a few other things found another. so i have them seperated and there doing fine but still really i dont know much about how fast theyll grow what they eat....so tips in general on raising them would be appreiciated thanks!

i like feesh
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2008 00:04Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
if they are in their own tank they will do fine.. if they are in a breeder trap or net... first put a stone at the bottom of the trap to keep it better latched on, secondly put a floating plant such as hornwort or duckweed or riccia in the trap... then you can feed them finely ground flake or any tablet... they will graze on the infusiora, algae, and etc in the plants... if they are in their own tank woth plants and is cycled, they should be ok on the same diet...

good luck... i raised a platy fry and i didnt know it existed after i saved it and put it in its own tank ( i thought it died) and in a few weeks the little fry colored up and was happy as can be... it wasnt fed but one a week like two flakes and it grazed on the detrius and algae in the tank...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2008 03:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
JBennett181
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 46
Votes: 2
male usa
how long till he grows to a more juvenile age and i can put them with the rest of fish?

i like feesh
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2008 03:22Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
at least two months or at lest thats what it was for my platy... might be shorter or longer... they recommend three times larger than the biggest mouth in the tank.. and lots of cover plants as they will be chased and they will need a place to hide even when this large!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2008 04:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ku5626
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 61
Votes: 7
male usa
Just keep pletty of plants and hiding spaces, and they should do fine. I had some platy fry and they did just fine. I kept them seperated for about a month and a half and them put them back in the tank. good luck!
Post InfoPosted 13-Feb-2008 03:42Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies