L# When to release Baby fish
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhen to release Baby fish
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
as some of you know my mollie gave birth to some fry last week and i wanna know how long can they bee befor i release them into the tank

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2010 02:30Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
What else is in the tank? The baby fish basically have to be large enough not to be eaten by anyone, which depends on who else is in the tank.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2010 03:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Fry want to be big enough to hunt and look for food and be able to compete with full sized fish.

Yes it will certainly depend what else is in the tank. Some fish would treat them as nothing else but a live snack food.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2010 03:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
When they are larger than the largest adult mouth in the tank. Usually that is a few weeks, but it'll depend on other inhabitants and how fast they grow

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2010 05:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
EditedEdited 21-Apr-2010 23:03
well the other fish in the tank are the mother mollie 2 red platys and 1 rummy nose tetrra theyr about the size of my pinky nail now length wise

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2010 23:02Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies