L# Livebearers Lane
  L# my Leartail Molly
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribemy Leartail Molly
hmbgtx
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
My orange Leartail Molly will not stop herassing my black moly female. I have female orange Leartail and a marble Leartail as well as a matching male for each. I currently have the 2 Leartail males in a catch net so that they will leave her alone. The marble male doesn't herass her as much as the orange one does and he seeks her out. I have no other tank to put him in how can I get him to stop herassing her (she isn't a leartail)? I have stuff on the top of the tank for babies to hide till I catch the babies and put them in my baby pen which is one of those floaters that sit on top of the tank in the water.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2009 17:53Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
The lyretail part really doesn't make a difference to the male mollies. A female is a female. The best way to get them to not harass one female too much is to have more females. With mollies it is recomended to have atleast three females to each male. I don't know if your tank will support more females without some more info from you. You could also look at taking the one male back and just having the one male with the females.
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2009 23:29Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
hmbgtx
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
I have a 20 gal. I am hoping for a 50 gal for Christmas. There are 4 femals and 3 males 1 dalmation 1 orange, 1 black male. Only the black male is a regular and he doesn't even try to mate with any. In females I have 1 dalmation 1 orange, 1 black, and one calico (an orange with black spots and white underbelly) the black and calico are regular. I also have 5 neons and a crowntail betta in the tank along with a petocoumus (sp?) to keep the tank clean
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2009 16:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
For that many males you should have atleast 2 more females preferably 5 more females. But your tank is not big enough to handle that many mollies. I would consider trading atleast one of the males in for a another female.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2009 22:30Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
hmbg tx

I would prefer to see a ratio of 1 male to 3 or 4 females. The bigger and more plants especially floating plants you have the less likely they will get annoyed by the males any way.

Once they start breeding to keep a good balance you will have to remove some of the males any way.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2009 06:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies