SubscribeMy first tank!
Poobles
-----
Fingerling
Oodles Of Noodles
Kudos: 11
Votes: 5
female usa
Here is how it was last week. Let me know what you think.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0DwUVmi2n3s

I've added some more guppies since then, they like to dance around.

Post InfoPosted 04-Mar-2008 17:56Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
Welcome to FP Poobles!

Ha....your tank reminds me of mine about a year ago. I started out with white gravel & sea ornaments too. After I found this site & saw all the planted tanks, I switched to fake green plants & driftwood. Then I started reading back posts on what it took to have a "planted tank." Good lighting seemed to be a must, so I got a new light fixture & planted a few plants in my white gravel. I didn't want to go through the whole "plant substrate" thing for just a few plants. Anyway, now I'm hooked on live plants, rocks & driftwood.....so watch out Poobles....you may be next!

I think your tank needs more plants in there, real or fake & the fish would feel more secure also. They love to explore around & hide in plants. I think that orange thing distracts from the overall look of the tank......but hey, if YOU like, keep it, it's your tank.

Keep in mind with guppies that they should be in a ratio of one male to at least two females, if you are mixing the sexes. The males are so bothersome that they will stress out the females if there is too many males & not plenty of females. Also, expect to find baby guppies in there! They do eat their young, but some always seem to survive anyway.

I also wouldn't add anymore fish to that tank. Some people are already going & tell you it is too small for what you have, especially the danios, since they like a lot of room to swim. But you're just starting out, so you have plenty of time to correct anything that comes up. If you stick with it, you will probably end up getting a larger tank in the future. There's some frustration associated with fish keeping, but if you stick it out & follow advice given here, it's well worth it. I hope you find it more fun, than anything else.
Post InfoPosted 05-Mar-2008 17:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Poobles
-----
Fingerling
Oodles Of Noodles
female usa
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2008 04:57Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
it looks great poobles. make sure if you want it to grow and not rot that it gets planty of quality light and ferts... hornwort is a great started plant! you should also look into more plants to get your tank lookng more and more natural! try to find plant you see in your background....

GOOD LUCK! looking good!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2008 07:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
Unless I intend breeding guppies, I don't bother with females. I mean they aren't much to look at as the males are way more visually pleasing. I have 4 guppy and 1 endler all males. They display to each other and get on quite well without the girls.
Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2008 10:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Poobles
-----
Fingerling
Oodles Of Noodles
female usa
Sadly, the hornwort was dying. I removed it lastnight. Going to try java moss/java fern. With fertalizer this time!

My catfish loved that hornwort so much.. It was their home!

Post InfoPosted 13-Mar-2008 15:23Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
With Java moss or fern you may not need to add ferts, it's low requirement and will usually get all it needs from the tankwater. Nice job on the tank

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2008 16:09Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Poobles
-----
Fingerling
Oodles Of Noodles
female usa
EditedEdited by poobles
Added some more vids,

Heres my babies - they were born March 15th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1iP2eCxe9E

I hooked up a bubble curtian, the fish love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovKgNsR1qjk

guppy mating dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJl9NyammKA

Let me know what you think!

Post InfoPosted 18-Mar-2008 14:14Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
That's guppies for ya Poobles! Those males are always showing off. I like the bubble wands & stones too. I don't like to see mine showing though, so I hide them. The wand like you have is harder though. I dug a trench in back & set the wand in it, so you can't see it at eye level. But that's just me.

I want to clear my 20g. long out of Platties & get some guppies for it, but my Wal-mart doesn't sell females anymore, so I'll have to go the big city to find some of both sexes.
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2008 07:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies