DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
"it is a different and interesting theme tank to look at"

I agree with Keithgh on this, I like this tank and it's eastern theme.

I also agree on dark fine gravel would look better, making things a tad easier on the eyes and helping the other colors stand out, and if the left dragon were a little more prominent would be improvement, but that is just my opinion.

As is, it is still a great job with a unique look. Leave as is, or change if you feel like it.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2009 20:28Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
Kudos: 63
Votes: 10
female usa
EditedEdited 20-Oct-2009 02:04
Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Keith, you didn't offend me at all. I do understand what you're saying. However, I like the dragons facing each other. I'm not sure which rocks you're referring to. The cave-rock is all one piece with a fake log resting on top of it from behind.

As for the gravel? Maybe it's just a photo thing that makes it turn out the way it does, but it's fabulous (to me) to look at "in the flesh" lol. It's really not hard on the eyes at all, and the fish, and even the frogs aren't having any trouble negotiating it. In fact, it's good for the frogs because if the fish decide to set their eyes on the frogs (which they really don't, even when the frogs surface to get a gulp of air) the frogs just push themselves between the decorative stones and when they feel safe they come back out and head on their merry way (they're so cute!).

Anyway, I love the way it looks, and yes, you're probably right, down the road I'll probably want to make changes, but for me, it's because that's just a natural part of who I am. I just have a need to mix things up every so often. For now though, I'm going to leave it as is. I agree though about the red & yellow plant. It turned out much brighter than I was expecting, lol. Which is why I wound up sticking it in the corner like I did. The pale purple one though (it's purple, not blue) I chose simply because purple is my favorite color and I wanted something that signified me in it. But yeah, eventually I'll probably pull that red & yellow plant out of there.

Thanks again for the input Keith and DaMossman! I'm glad you both at least like the Asian theme. I love dragons and I thought they'd be cool in there. Beyond that, (aside from the purple, and the red & yellow plants) I tried to make it look a little more natural regarding plants and decoration.

Btw Keith, you've got me intrigued. I'd love to see the B&W version of my tank. If that's possible.
Post InfoPosted 20-Oct-2009 02:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dudehi
Fingerling
Kudos: 20
Votes: 2
male usa us-florida
cool tank.. as kieth said, i think it wud look pretty neat with tall plants in very back, then the 2 dragons facing each other, then a bunch of smaller plants in front of them like their heads are sticking out.

not to critisize but yah it still looks super good thats^^ just a idea if u ever wanna change looks around haha
Post InfoPosted 30-Dec-2009 04:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Patrick
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 355
Votes: 9
male australia

Pics not loading....????

Just one more tank........
Post InfoPosted 04-Oct-2011 13:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies