Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAny thoughts on Red Sea Turbo CO2 Bio Sysetem
jfk
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 42
Votes: 1
male usa
I was wondering if anybody has used the Turbo CO2 system by Red Sea. My LFS is having a sale on them and I've been thinking of adding CO2. I thought that if it's ok I'd give it a try now and step up to a better system when I've got the cash next month.

Thanks
John
Post InfoPosted 17-Apr-2006 16:58Profile PM Edit Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
Hi there,

I did use this system briefly before swapping over to pressurised. I think it is a good system, the bottle is sturdy and can be hung on to the side of tank if you like. The powered venturi is quite good too. In the end though, it did not provide enough C02 for my tank. My tank is 43.5G & although the bottle said it should be enough, it wasn't. I had 2 bottles up & running. After the initial brew that came in the set ran out, I was using a DIY brew & I got a little tired of mixing the brew & still not having enough C02 in the tank. I think for a smaller tank, it would be a good choice though.

Afterwards, most people here told me that these systems are better on smaller tanks.

I'm not very experienced in these things, and other people can probably give you much better advice, but thought I'd share my experience with Red Sea system.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2006 15:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jfk
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 42
Votes: 1
male usa
thanks for the input. i have a 29 gal. and it seems to be working well. i've had it going for about a week now and can notice a difference in the plants.

Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2006 06:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies