Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeIm lazy
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
So im looking for some relativly low maintinence plants. Im not saying I just want plants to chuck in there but very easy to care for plants. Im thinking anubias. I hear they are pretty forgiving. Any other suggestions?

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2008 04:14Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
anubias, java moss, java fern, and crypts are usually pretty easy and require only low light conditions.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2008 04:23Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
Thank you matty. Low light actually sounds very good, my striped raphael wouldnt be happy with me if i put some bright lights on haha hmm maybe a combination java fern and anubias?

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2008 04:29Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I would say Anubias providing they can grow on DW also Java Fern. Personally I think Java moss is nothing but a big pain it gets every where especially in places you dont want it to grow.
Crypts I have only been able to grow them in the 45lt tank it has plenty of light also liquid ferts every day.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2008 06:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Java fern on driftwood for sure. I have that and some crypt. wendtii in the aquarium at church (I only really see it once a week, so it has to be low-maintenance - plus only 1.5 WPG). I would recommend a good substrate (at least flourite mixed with gravel) for the crypts though.

><>
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2008 07:29Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
I had Anubias doing awesome in my tank before someone, likely my L330, decided they were edible. Very low maintenance and are iron in many conditions. Java fern is a fair go as well, but my Anubias grows far better for some reason, despite the pruning from my plec. My plecs don't eat my Crypts, but they do not grow as well as either the Anubias or Java fern so I'd guess they are slightly higher maintenance.

I've also had java moss but it always ends up looking hideous by trapping particles and growing algae.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2008 17:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
So no Java moss then. Id like it to look nice. This is going in my main tank lol. Ok thanks guys! I appreciate the help.

Post InfoPosted 22-Dec-2008 04:53Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies