katieb
-----
Fish Addict
Votes: 69
female usa
Before : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Katie215512/IMG_2054.jpg

After : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Katie215512/IMG_2753.jpg

Whaddia think?

I was thinking of either moving the driftwood to the center and letting the java fern take over as sort of a centerpiece or maybe adding another piece of wood in the back(off to the right, standing up at an angle).

Also, Im down to 3 microrasboras from 5. I don't see me adding more in the near future. Any ideas for similer sized fish that they might like? They seem a bit timid but not scared or stressed.

I'll do graffiti,
If you sing to me in French.
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2007 01:30Profile PM Edit Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
the new setup looks nice and alot cleaner. when the java fern grows bigger i think your tank will fill in nicely.
Maybe you could add a few shrimp?

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2007 02:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
That hex tank looks nice... Maybe you could add some harleys... harlequin raspboras... very nice looking lil guys!
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2007 20:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
katieb
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
I was thinking those too but its only 5 gallons. So im leaning toward wcmm or cherry barbs.

I'll do graffiti,
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2007 00:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Smaller tanks are extremly difficult to aquscape they require a lot of planning other wise you will have nothing but big plants taking over. Three or four species is plenty and keep to all greens and a natural substrate.

Also being a shape like yours it adds to the difficulty. Try to get some depth (front to back) by placing tallish thin plants eg Vall at the rear and possibly LH side and gradually work down to a very low plant at the front and both front sides. To me that DW could be too big for that tank in other words it is too long/heavy and takes up too much space being horizontal if it was upright and at the back LH area it just might give you more area to work with and give the eye some thing to work from.

It has taken me close to two years to finish my Betta tank and I am still waiting/looking for special very low plants to fill the front gaps.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2007 05:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
katieb
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Its definately a work in progress. Im leaving it low maintainnence since im going to college

I'll do graffiti,
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2007 21:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies