Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeToo much fertilizer?
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
I bought this API leaf zone plant food. The bottle says to dose once weekly, will it hurt anything to dose more then that? And will it have any effect? I am trying to get my java ferns to grow better. And I have a lot of baby ones I'm trying to grow. Just wondering if dosing more often would have any effect on that.
Post InfoPosted 24-Mar-2010 06:15Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
I'm not too up on my plant knowledge, but I believe that if you divide the dosage out so they get the same amount but in daily doses, then you may find you get a better result. Many plant people dose daily, but in small quantities.

Out of curiousity, what is up with your java ferns? I grow those pretty much exclusively and normally they don't seem to need much help. Is it a colour thing or are they just not growing as much as you'd like?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 25-Mar-2010 00:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have always found that with plant ferts it is better so do a little every day.

My large Anubias started to melt down and it was only when I started using a small amount of ferts every day they began to grow again.

Divide that weekly dosage up so that it gets the same amount every day.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 27-Mar-2010 00:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
They grow pretty good on there own, I just have a ton of littles ones I would like to speed the growth in.
Post InfoPosted 27-Mar-2010 07:28Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies