Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhite Dust On Jarva
papasan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
male uk uk-england
i have i piece of bog wood and a bamboo tube both are covered in jarva moss which seems to be growing well but they both seem to be covered in some sort of white dust
anyone any clues

thanks
papasan.
Post InfoPosted 30-Apr-2008 20:54Profile PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
hi mate
Do you have water flow moving through the java moss? it may just be detritus that's getting stuck.
James
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2008 00:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have Java moss in my Betta tank and it is a magnet to any thing that is floating in the tank, water movement through it certainly helps. Wave you fingers through it and see what happens.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2008 05:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
papasan
-----
Hobbyist
male uk uk-england
thanks for your replies boys as for the water flow the moss is sat on the substrate so since removing my attached air diffuser the flow just ripples the surface to the end of the tank after filter maintenance but drops off during the week as filters get clogged( due to me ramming a phosphate removal bag in my internal filter housing) so maybe the extra blow from the mixture of air and water is making the difference? although my fish seem quite happy

thanks for any input

papasan.
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2008 20:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Simple solution i think - just buy a powerhead, unless the occupants will not suit this. If this is the case you may wish to try to move the java moss so it is constantly being moved.
Glad to see another UK member here, where abouts are you?
James
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2008 23:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
papasan
-----
Hobbyist
male uk uk-england
thanks for reply James i live on the coast in East Yorkshire as for my tank i have a power head which is part of the jewel tank system so seeing my fish gasping for air today i have reattached my air diffuser so if things do not improve it could be the phosphate removal bag as these are the only two things i have changed in the last two weeks

cheers

papasan.
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2008 20:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies