Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAnemones qz
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
the bubble tip will most likely prefer the rock to anchor too....no worries though, it will move around the where it wants to go.

Biting is "normal" behavior from what I have seen. It will usually happen when a clown finds the anemone. I would keep the anemone blocked off from them until it has a chance to acclimate and settle into the tank.

Did you get your temp down?

Last edited by DarkRealm Overlord at 15-Feb-2005 08:37
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Week End
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 436
Votes: 1
male australia
I just got a Bubble tip for my Maroon CLown pair....at first the clowns seems to be excited about it and play around with it...but after like 15min or so I noticed the female is actully biting the tentacles...she actually bite a few out and eating them....but at the same time they did actually sit inside/on the anemone but just that the female seems to be biting it as well....so something wrong must be happening here....

I have isolated the anemone with fish nets but the clowns still wonder around it like a hungry shark....

so what can I do...?

And is it better to place anemone on a sand bottom or on live rock?

Last edited by Week End at 15-Feb-2005 06:01
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
If you tank gets above 84* for a substantial amount of time, chances are high that everything will start to die. The anemone will most likely start expelling its zooxanthellae (bleaching) and will die.

If an anemone dies, it pretty much turns into a huge ball of gooey ammonia.....not something that is good for the tank, especially with the elevated temp.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
dthurs
---------------
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4170
Votes: 529
male usa
It's hard to say if the clown is happier, I would say they will feel more comfortable.

If they die they will melt, as for toxic, I don't think so, it will make your tank stink real bad. And you shoudl do a good water change to help clear it up.

Dan
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Week End
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 436
male australia
but will they really make clown fish happier if they do decide to take it as a home?

and if they do die due to high temperatures, will they actually "melt" and makes the whole tank toxic?
dthurs
---------------
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
I do not know where 30-32 degrees C ranks in on a farenheit scale
That's about 86f c X 1.8 + 32 = f

Dan
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
lil_mikey69
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2380
male usa
I have seen pictures of things wondering into anemones.

Damsels, and on ocassion shrimp.

There are actually crabs, and shrimp that host in them as well.
FantomFish
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 183
male usa
I do not know where 30-32 degrees C ranks in on a farenheit scale, but I would say that I would draw the line at a safe permanent level for a reef at about 85F.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
dthurs
---------------
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
That temp seems rather high, I think most if not all are in the 72-78 range 23-26c.

I'm sure there will always be something that will go in an anemone, but for the most part, things know to stay away. I've seen my cleaner shrimp jump over and even bounce around my anemone, and never had any problems.

Dan
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies