L# Heater
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHeater
lowlight
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 94
male usa us-california
Was thinking Eheim true temp or Hydor inline. The Eheim 200w is to long to mount verticaly, so can it be mounted horizontally? Any thoughts on the Hydor inline? Using a Eheim pro4+ 350 on a 55g tank with live plants. Will be using a seperate temp controller.
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2018 23:34Profile PM Edit Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
Most modern heaters are fully submersible. There should be instructions on the box whether they are not. At a quick glance, though, the Eheim is submersible.

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2018 15:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
lowlight
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 94
male usa us-california
EditedEdited 09-Jan-2018 23:23
I am aware the Eheim is submersible. I guess what I'm asking is, can it be put in horizontally. If so I might get it (200w). If not, then I would get the Hydor in-line. Nice to see a familiar name by the way.
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2018 23:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
In this case, fully submersible means you can place the entire heater under the surface. My first heater was old style where you had to keep the top inch or so out of the water, but submersible heaters are capable of being placed in any configuration you like at any depth.

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2018 15:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies