AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Tetra Talk
  L# Bully Cardinal was this the cause????
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBully Cardinal was this the cause????
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
concern

I posted "concern" in hospital and I have just noticed one of the cardinals (and certainly not the largest one either)seems to be the bully in the tank. One conclusion I came to was an external injury/bruising then possibly secondary infection. The mark is now fading on the concerned cardinal.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 15-Oct-2007 06:35Profile PM Edit Report 
clownloachfan
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 850
Votes: 115
male usa us-pennsylvania
I dont think a cardinal tetra could really inflict that much harm. i could be wrong. I mean, they dont have teath or anything like that.
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2007 21:47Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
I have seen my neon and cardinals have a tete-a-tete with each other and it can look quite alarming. They don't seem to do any real damage to each other and it doesn't last long. It has usually been a temperature change in the water, or water which needs a partial change which sets them squabbling. It is not something which seems to last as next day they are best friends again.
Post InfoPosted 02-Nov-2007 02:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
The mark that I was concerned about is the only one in 20 Cardinals. The LFS manager also bought 10 and no other fish is showing any markings at all. The mark is very slowly fading which makes us believe it was a bruising either in my tank or in handling & transit.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 02-Nov-2007 10:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 02-Nov-2007 10:38
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies