L# Tetra Talk
  L# Tetra Tank Mates
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTetra Tank Mates
oldfishnewfish
Hobbyist
Kudos: 16
Votes: 1
hey guys, I have a 20gallon tank and am planning on stocking it with 4 julii corys, a dawrf gourami, and 6 ______ tetras, which is where this post comes in......if any of you have a suggestion on what type of tetra i should add please reply
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2009 02:40Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I am a sucker for Cardinal Tetras but they prefer to be in a school of 10+++ the more the merrier, it depends on your tank, filtration and live plants also weekly 30-40% water changes.
In Photo booth I posted a photo of my tank
Cardinal & shrimp tank

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2009 08:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
If you can find them... Rummynose Tetras ae spectacular. They would do well in that peaceful community, as long as you school them with 8-12 fish. They stay small so you'd be fine with that arrangement in a 20g. I have 7 left of my original 8 from last year in my 20g with 6 gold pristella Tetras, 2 dwarf rainbow fish and one remaining Tiger Barb from an older school.

The rummies shoal beautifully and look amazing! Just take care to acclimate them to their new tank very slowly, dripping aquarium water slowly, gradually into the bag they come home in as it hangs in your aquarium. Also, try to keep them in darkness as you bring them home. The rummies are super sensitive to changes in their habitat but once you get them established in your aquarium, they do really well as a part of a peaceful community. Just keep them in a decent sized shoal.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2009 14:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
My faves are the deeper-bodied sexually dimorphic types, such as the diamond tetra, rosy tetra, bleeding heart tetra, and black phantom tetras. Males have longer fins that they use to display to each other for dominance, which IMO beats a bunch of fish just mindlessly swimming.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2009 06:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies