Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBlack Spots
Optimist
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 13
Votes: 2
male usa
I recently aquired a pumpkinseed sunfish that seems to have black spots embedded in its fins and scales. Any imformation on what these dots are and how to cure them would be a lot of help.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jul-2006 17:56Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
To answer any medical problem it is strongly advisable to give as much infomation about your tank and its inhabitants. This means a full water peramiters, filtration type and how and how often it is cleaned, substrate, water changes how often and the percentage.

If you have only recently purchased the sunfish have you contacted the people LFS where you bought it.

I do not know this fish at all it "could" even be a natural markings, yet again it could be a big problem if not fixed very quickly, but to be on the safe side contact your LFS and get back to us with all the necessary infomation including a photo if possible.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 24-Jul-2006 02:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kmlubahn6609
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 127
Votes: 2
female usa
http://www.anr.state.vt.us/fw/fwhome/library/Newsletters/battenkill/2003_Summer_and_Fall_Issue/page5.html

I've caught fish in the wild, panfish, that have had this.

I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Post InfoPosted 24-Jul-2006 05:39Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies