AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# The Hospital
  L# Dwarf gourami staying at the bottom!! help!!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDwarf gourami staying at the bottom!! help!!
richmp
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
I've had a neon dwarf gourami for about two months now and everything has been perfect. he was very active and was always swimming left to right, top to bottom in the aquarium. however, the past 3 days, he's just been staying on the bottom in the back corner of my aquarium under the filter at a 45 degree angle. the back of him is resting on the gravel and his mouth is up towards the top of the aquarium. he's not resting on his side or anything.. perfectly upright.

i'm doing regular water changes, and all of my parameters are normal.. pH: 7.0, ammonia: 0, nitrite: 0, nitrate: 5.0. last week the nitrite went up to 0.25 because of possible overfeeding but i did a water change.

the fish is still eating when i feed him and he occasionally swims around very slowly, but then goes back to the bottom of the aquarium...

what do i do?? please help!! thanks
Post InfoPosted 27-Nov-2006 07:25Profile PM Edit Report 
Kunzman96
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 91
Votes: 115
male usa
EditedEdited by kunzman96
When I kept Guoramis this happened when the mate died. Maybe he or she needs a mate. Do you have any other Guoramis? Did you get any new fish recently? My Guoramis were kinda moody and when I added new fish they would get reclusive for a few days but get back to normal.

"Talk is cheap. Action can be almost as affordable"
Post InfoPosted 27-Nov-2006 07:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Can you give us more info about the tank please.
Lighting has he got cover?
Plants also for cover?
Water movement fast - slow?
Other fish in the tank?

I believe they prefer to be in a group rather than a single fish.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 27-Nov-2006 12:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies