L# Mysterious deaths
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMysterious deaths
Amazonia
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 1
male usa
I have a very strange disease spreading quickly through my tank. It started with my guppies who all died, then my platy, then to my cories, then finally to my female platy. Originally the fish simply stopped eating and became emaciated fast. Then white spots began appearing on my cories. I purchased a bottle of Pimafix to combat the fungus and the suspected internal parasites. This seemed to lessen the fungus and the red rashes appearing on the fish but they still passed. Then my female platy began to become emaciated and slowly passed away. Now it seems my male cherry barb has a spot behind his dorsal fin, just like the cories. I am continuing my treatment with Pimafix in hoping to stop the fungus before it begins again. Does anyone know what this may be? It has quickly wiped out half my tank, even though I cleaned everything and did a complete water change.
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2011 00:09Profile PM Edit Report 
amazondon
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
Votes: 15
male usa us-pennsylvania
It seems like they have some of internal parasitic infection and the white spots would be ich caused by weakened immune systems as a result of the infection. Continue with your pimafix treatments, i'm sorry that this mystery has caused such great loss and that i can't help any more. You may also want to try melafix.
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2011 00:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Some water quality results would help us work some things out too.
What was your latest results for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate?
If you dont have a testkit take a sample of water to the LFS and get them to give you the numbers. Post them back here.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2011 02:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
acoll188
Fingerling
Kudos: 16
Votes: 2
male australia au-queensland
i am quite a fish expert post the results to me and i might be able to solve it

A.Collins
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2011 09:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies