Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribeunknown disease
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
EditedEdited 04-Feb-2010 01:08
My live bearers have bin getting sick its a wired diseaes in which they'r scales kinda pop out and beffor dieing they swim around and hit the tank walls theres not much color loss and the waters chemestry is fine any ideas and when this happed i had 4 guppies,1 betta i angel fish,1 lemmon tettra 2 mollies and 2 plecos in a 45 gallon tank they mostly died and have only the plaecos a tetra and 1 guppie left i tryed some fungus medication but it faied and then 2 weeks or so i tryed an ich tratment and that failed any ideas?

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2010 01:07Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
they could be bloated, try boiling some peas and taking them out of the shell, mashing them slightly and feed a little bit at a time. If they are bloated this should help them to clear their systems.

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2010 01:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Scales sticking out sounds like dropsy to me. It is neither fungus nor ich, which is probably why those meds didn't work.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2010 02:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I did a Google for fish Dropsy and came up with this. If you do a Images Google there are plenty of photo there of Dropsy.

Keith

The treatment methods for dropsy in fish usually involve the administration of antibiotics, though this may not be entirely effective. The best way to administer an antibiotic medication to a fish with dropsy is to add the medication directly to a fish’s daily food portion. As long as your fish is still eating, they will consume the medicated food before the antibiotic ingredient dissipates into the water. If you are feeding your fish a live or frozen diet, try to maintain a 1% ratio of the antibiotic ingredient to the amount of food. For live food, it may be necessary to prepare a diluted solution of the antibiotic and water, and then insert this solution directly into live food organisms by using a syringe. Try to only feed afflicted fish the medicated food, as they should already have been kept in a quarantine tank.

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2010 05:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
thnaks i forgot to mension this but its usually my livebearers and yes they did seem bloated

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2010 00:55Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies