---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
EditedEdited by Shinigami
http://www.pijac.org/files/public/US_HR_669.pdf

Apparently, they want to ban import and possession of species not on an "Approved List." This gets a "Not cool" from me.

Spread the word.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 03-Apr-2009 19:20Profile PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Sounds similar to what is in place here. Dont worry too much, it will take them ages to get it organised.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 04-Apr-2009 06:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
And the shippers will take a fair few months after that to realise
Post InfoPosted 04-Apr-2009 18:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
It won't pass, regardless.

Watch this space as I am proven incorrect in the coming years.
Post InfoPosted 05-Apr-2009 08:17Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Ira
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 181
Votes: 1
male newzealand
Soo...you guys have been able to basically get ALL the cool stuff for decades while us nothing but approved countries pay 5-10 times as much for a tiny selection? Not getting any sympathy here.
Post InfoPosted 07-Apr-2009 13:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
zachf92
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 255
Votes: 233
male usa
I really have no faith in my government at this point.

Goldfish are exempt from the proposed list of banned fish. I mean, are you kidding me? Goldfish are one of the most detrimental and invasive species in America. They are one of the only aquarium fish that are capable of living in almost every state. Most other aquarium fish are only capable of living in southernmost Florida and Hawaii.

For the government to even propose such an idiotic idea really makes me question their sanity.

Looks like im moving to Canada.
Post InfoPosted 20-Apr-2009 01:02Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
exactly the same situation here...

We can get
BNs
Common Plecos
Common Livebearers
Convict cichlids
Goldfish etc etc
yet we cant get fish that have pretty much no chance of breeding in Australian waters....

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2009 09:08Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
EditedEdited by Lindy
The hr669 probly not gona be passed the pet indusrty brings in billions........ If it passes there will be a higher smuggling crime rate more people in jail more jails more money spent on building them and feeding the people in the jails....... they say that they spends billons on non native sps. damages but polution has nothing to do with it and deforstation for homes isnt messing with anything at all....... unless we are native americans we are not natives 2 and we harm the land much much more than any sp of fish or pets...... and to add that the people that are trying to pass this are hypocryts(spelling?) and they make me angery for even trying to get this bill past...... for it to be fair all non native americans should be banned to cuz we have done a lot more damage to native sps than most fish....... snake heads are one of the main reasons this is going on is because some dumb person relised snake heads which can live in the worst of condtions....... Im just annoyed at the govo trying to control use like this if they want to turn into a govo that tells what time to get up what to do where to do it and control are lives like we are some experiment. they should leave this contrey and jump off a clif...... sry if i offended anyone in this post but i think its just extreamly stupid...... sry for my long rant just feel strongly about this topic.....
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2009 23:27Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
inkodinkomalinko
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
Kudos: 833
male usa
After interning for a government agency (Bureau of Land Management), I realized that (a) they take ages to complete anything, (b) the "older" generation cannot adapt to technological advances, (c) they are overpaid, (d) they take ages to complete anything.
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2009 09:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

I was going to say how HR 669 was old news and wasn't going to pass, but then I noticed the date on the thread. I think if that thang did get passed, not only would the aquarium industry be severely affected, but the herp industry as well... They would probably go so far as to outlaw things like Kenyan Sand Boas.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2009 10:21Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Some funny looking sand that, nat...
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2009 15:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies