Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

I saw Jackass: Number Two last night (opening night). It was a most excellent theatrical experience, better than even the first one I think. If you liked watching the TV show, then you're going to love the movie. It was unbelievable some of the stuff they did... When I first saw the trailer a few months ago, I thought it looked really fake - but it isn't (and they have the scars to prove it).

My favorite part was when they trapped Bam Margera in a horse trailer and then put a King Cobra in with him, and he started to cry (he's terrified of snakes, apparently). It was amazing.

I might go see it in the theaters again. Is anyone else going to see it? The only bad thing about last night is that parents were bringing like their seven-year-old kids to see the film, which is pretty messed up. Kids that young shouldn't be exposed to that kind of stuff. I mean, I've seen kids in other R-rated films, but this was pushing it. Anyway, I highly recommend the film. Go see it.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 23-Sep-2006 20:18Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
I like my comedy to be more witty and less like a pile of garbage.

Then again, that's just my own opinion, so to speak.
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 01:43Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
EditedEdited by Calilasseia
Hang on ... let me get this straight ... they took a guy with a pathological phobia of snakes, and locked him in a confined space with a King Cobra???

Er, THIS is COMEDY?

What, the idea being that we laugh even louder if the victim of this retarded prank is bitten and dies???

Oh yes, let's appeal to the lowest possible common denominator with some schadenfreude gloating over someone else being made to suffer. All the better to elicit laughs from the Budweiser and monster truck brigade. What's it going to be next - take someone in a wheelchair and push him out the back of a C-130 without telling him the chair's equipped with a parachute so we can film his moment of abject terror as he thinks he's about to die? Oh yeah, VERY funny.

Someday, someone will come up with a revolutionary idea. Let's make entertainment for ADULTS WITH FUNCTIONING BRAIN CELLS. Let's make entertainment that does NOT depend upon cheap laughs or appeals to the inner bigot, and actually tries to be uplifting, intelligent, thoughtful and reflects the bset in the human species. Oh, sorry, that's too much like hard work for the studios these days.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 02:46Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Adam

---------------
---------------
----------
Administrator
male australia au-queensland
I fully endorse this supurb cinematic experience.

I'll be seeing it when I head over to the US shortly.

I just have to convince Babelfish to want to come see it with me
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 03:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
poisonwaffle

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 591
male usa
What's it going to be next - take someone in a wheelchair and push him out the back of a C-130 without telling him the chair's equipped with a parachute so we can film his moment of abject terror as he thinks he's about to die? Oh yeah, VERY funny.

That actually is a GREAT idea!

We should SO do it!!!
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 07:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Lindy
Hang on ... let me get this straight ... they took a guy with a pathological phobia of snakes, and locked him in a confined space with a King Cobra???

Yes. It was hilarious.

It must be realized, however, that an irrational fear of snakes is not a normal human behavior. People that are afraid of snakes are taught to be or bring it upon themselves. People not conditioned to fear snakes are not going to fear snakes.

I fully endorse this supurb cinematic experience.

At least someone realizes the wonder that is Jackass.

EDIT: Also, it was a venomoid cobra, so it was perfectly harmless.

Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 19:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
zachf92
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 255
Votes: 233
male usa
EditedEdited by zachf92
Some of the stuff the jackass crew does is pretty funny, but IMO it has gotten a bit old and dumb.

Although I have watched the commercial, and i would like to see knoxville get launched on a rocket lol
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 21:18Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Whatever happened to "taste?"

><>
Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 21:57Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california

Some of the stuff the jackass crew does is pretty funny, but IMO it has gotten a bit old and dumb.

You're thinking of crashing bikes and shopping carts into bushes, right? Yeah, that gets old pretty fast. And that's why they don't do it in the movie... From what I remember, there was only like one activity where they used a shopping cart, and they didn't just crash it into bushes (much to the enjoyment of the audience).

And yes, the giant rocket thing was pretty funny.

Post InfoPosted 24-Sep-2006 22:09Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Adam

---------------
---------------
----------
Administrator
male australia au-queensland
Looks perfectly funny to me.

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 26-Sep-2006 06:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
male usa
Hilarious.
Post InfoPosted 26-Sep-2006 10:03Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk

Even if this snake was a specimen that had been subject to surgery in order to remove the venom glands (a practice common with 'snake charmers'), I suspect that the unfortunate individual in the photograph above did not know this. Therefore, he was confronted by a large, ostentibly venomous snake, prefectly capable in its normal state of inflicting lethal damage upon a human being.

I'm sorry, but this is NOT comedy. Subjecting a human being to abject terror of this kind, making that human being believe that his or her life is about to come to a nasty, violent end, simply in order to provide entertainment for couch potatoes, is sick, twisted and furthermore, comes under the heading of torture. If this was done to a prisoner in a jail in a country run by some murderous despot, we'd be protesting outside that country's embassy, or at least I'd like to think we would. I find it amazing that people who are willing and ready (and again, rightly so) to leap to the defence of fishes in an aquarium that are being maltreated can exhibit this degree of nonchalance over maltreatment of human beings. What next, I wonder - electric shock treatment live on camera, or the use of bastinado?

Two years ago, I was set upon by a group of feral yobs who thought it would be really funny to try and set fire to me with a firework. Yes, re-read that last part - they tried to set fire to me with a firework. Only by a miracle did I avoid being maimed for life. I can still recall their evil laughter as they revelled in the thought that they had inflicted potentially life threatening damage upon me. As far as they were concerned, the suffering and agonies of another human being were a source of entertainment. So, if anyone thinks I'm being snotty over this, I have a very good reason.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 26-Sep-2006 15:15Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
Well, realize, Cali, that he did it of his own volition. That knocks him down a couple of pegs on the sympathy ladder.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 26-Sep-2006 17:16Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california

Exactly... When you're making a movie like Jackass and you have some stupid fear of something that you shouldn't have a fear of, you know it's going to be exploited. It's not like he was the only one they were picking on - Others were exposed to things far worse than being in trapped in a horse trailer with a cobra.

I think if you actually watched the skit (not that you would), you would see that it isn't really as big of a deal you're making it out to be. Some kids trying to light you on fire isn't really comparable to this movie at all, mainly because everyone in the film consented to doing this kind of stuff.

Also, in Jackass they don't do things that are guaranteed to cause harm and aren't funny to watch (such as lighting someone on fire), they just do things where someone might get hurt and is funny to watch.

Of course, the definition of "funny" varies from person to person. I guess some people (like Cup_of_Lifennodles) just don't like watching people do stupid stuff. Adam and I, on the other hand, think it's hilarious. It sounds like you have PTSD or something from those kids trying to light you on fire.

And besides... It's not like he's deathly afraid of snakes - In one scene (also very funny) he was but a few feet away from a ten-foot long anaconda.

Post InfoPosted 26-Sep-2006 20:33Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
male usa
Cass, a movie like this is not intended to be psychoanalyzed, man. .-.
Post InfoPosted 26-Sep-2006 22:34Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
I plan to go see Fearless instead.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2006 01:57Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california

Jackass > Fearless

(from Fandango)

Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2006 02:04Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
Crank > Jackass > Fearless.

That is all.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2006 02:39Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
"AMERICAS FUNNIEST VIDEOS"

At LEAST every show had a clip of someone falling on their arse and everyone laughing. Face it, its funny. Now if I were to go out and purposely fall, no one would laugh. However, if I were to go out, jump in a shopping cart, and see how fast I can go down a san fran hill, only to fail because a street light jumped in front of me...

Not to mention, all the stunts were done with emergency crew ready. Everyone envolved has agreed to this. This isn't "lets find a random person on the street and exploit their feers"
Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2006 05:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Natalie

America's Funnniest Home Videos is one of my favorite TV shows... It's all the same type of comedy.

Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2006 05:32Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies