Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeJackass: Number Two
Tanya81
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 419
Votes: 37
female usa
SO, of course I had to see the move! Dang how funny and stupid at the same time.. I got super grossed out at one part, and im sure most of you can guess that, not a good relevant topic for this website though! Its just good humored fun for those who like to have a good time! It wouldnt have become a popular get up if people didn't watch the show on mtv! Some people are just too uptight and cant sit back, relax and enjoy someone elses' stupidity for an hour and a half! point in case.

72 gallon bowfront:Tanganyikan Lake set up
75 gallon: A. Baenschi trio,Cyanotilapia Afra Cobwe(4), copadichromis trewavase, protomelas sp. tangerine tiger(breeding pair)
Post InfoPosted 08-Oct-2006 17:00Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
not a good relevant topic for this website though

thats why they made the recover room, for general talk about anything.

but that is a major problem with this world now, everybodies to darn worried about what everybody else will think or say. i say who cares. and if people dont like what they are doing, or what you do, dont watch it or listen. unless it involves something illegal, then complain.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 09-Oct-2006 15:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Tanya81
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 419
Votes: 37
female usa
couldn't have said it better monkey boy!

72 gallon bowfront:Tanganyikan Lake set up
75 gallon: A. Baenschi trio,Cyanotilapia Afra Cobwe(4), copadichromis trewavase, protomelas sp. tangerine tiger(breeding pair)
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2006 04:25Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

With unlimited freedom of speech, however, comes the potential for its abuse. On most of the online forums I've seen that are not moderated, most of the posts are just like "omg ur so gay" and stuff like that.

I have no problem with intelligent debates on subjects like religion, politics, ethics, etc., it's just that it always seems some idiot comes along and ruins the privilege of free speech for everyone.

Free speech in movies/TV is fine, primarily because the actual process of actually getting something into the mass media prevents those online idiots from ruining anything, and therefore most of that information is relavent (in theory).

Also, when it comes to those "excessively violent" video games (also relates to free speech somewhat) that all those parents complain about, I say it is 100% the parents' responsibility to keep their kids away from them if they don't want the kids to play them. Stores won't sell them to kids under 17 (and they do indeed check IDs), so if someone's kid gets ahold of one of those games, that means the parent isn't paying close enough attention to what their kid is doing.

That rant was longer than I expected.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2006 05:24Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 311
Votes: 5
female india

I havent seen the movie Jackass, but have seen some of AFVs and honestly, some of them have made me barf. Specially the one which is about this really fat girl using a slimming belt. The belt which was obviously not built properly emits an electrical charge when she connects it to an electrical outlet and her whole body goes into spasm. Her bro is playing ball next to her and doesnt bother to help her. Obviously, it was just plain disgusting.

Ok, so she was fat, ok, so she was also stupid and gullible enough to buy one of those slimming belts, but the funny part ended there. I dont see what's funny about watching somebody get electrocuted on tape.

I have to agree, I can put up with the grossest possible comedy, but please dont give me people in shopping carts and on skateboards crashing themselves into things.
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2006 08:10Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
yes, that whole issue with games comes down to parents thinking for themselfs and not using games/tv/radio to raise their kids.

but yes, always comes down to 1 fool to ruin the whole thing.

Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2006 15:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Prior to me being 18 and legal and all that good stuff, I procured a wealth of M rated games--and over the counter, too. It's not really fair to blame the parents entirely; kids will be kids and find a way to play such games regardless of what amount of adult supervision, except maybe of that caomparable to a prsion guard, which would make said indivdual a horrible parent, anyways.
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2006 17:34Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
EditedEdited by monkeyboy
your right, part of the blame for what you particularly did is the stores for selling it to you and not carding you. and actualy no, if the parent raises the kid right, they wont have to worry about the kid sneeking and doing that behind their backs. once i hit about 13, my parents let me do what I wanted, because they knew i wouldnt disrepect them in anyway at all, including playing games i shouldnt be.

myself, i was raised to do what my parents said and respect their rights and i got what i deserved. if my parents said something i listend and did it. but that was me and we're all different.

my favorite news article on that topic, was the grandmother (obviously of age) purchased GTA San Andreas (I believe was rated mature at first) for her 11 yr old grandson. ok first mistake that she blamed on the makers. then the kid hacked the game with the patch which made the game x-rated. 2nd mistake, one for the kid, who by his own will broke the law for altering the content, wether it was in there or not, he changed what he normally wouldnt have seen. and i know this for true, i have played this game to the fullest. basicly problem there, after all that mess, she ends up sueing rockstar games.... such crap. but again another example of people pushing their own problems on another and not being responsible for their own actions.

ok sorry for the rant lol.. but sometimes we all slip

Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2006 18:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
myself, i was raised to do what my parents said and respect their rights and i got what i deserved. if my parents said something i listend and did it. but that was me and we're all different.

This is true for me, but my brother was raised the same as I was and he was sure a rebel...

><>
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2006 20:59Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
weird22person
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 106
Votes: 11
male usa
That is when the parents fall back on a good backhand.

20 Gallon Long:
Aquaclear 300
2 Bolivian Rams, Mikrogeophagus altispinosus: Gumby and Pokey
Post InfoPosted 11-Oct-2006 03:36Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Natalie

Jackass: Number Two just came out on DVD in the US. I was going to buy it the day it came out (the 26th), but I was too washed. So then I tried to buy it this afternoon, and it was all sold out everywhere I went. The stores only had the R-rated version in stock, if they had any at all.

As a last resort, I had to go to Blockbuster and rent it for like five bucks, which is way more than renting a movie should cost. None of the stores will have it in stock again until Friday, so I'll have to buy it then.

It's totally worth it though.

Post InfoPosted 28-Dec-2006 11:50Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
We just saw a WHOLE BUNCH at Target.. want me to mail you one??

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 29-Dec-2006 01:15Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california

Heh... The Target here was all cleaned out. Not just Jackass 2, but any other new release that was worth seeing. Pretty much the only DVDs they had left were crappy movies like The Break Up.

Also, they didn't really have any food left either.

Post InfoPosted 29-Dec-2006 01:28Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
NOthing like being prepared for the holiday's, eh? If you still have a problem getting it in a few days, PM your address and I'll mail you one. I checked, they are not the R rated version.

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 29-Dec-2006 05:21Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
I just rented the unrated version. Oh its crazy. I havent got threw everything on it. But so far still nothing with don vito

Post InfoPosted 29-Dec-2006 22:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california

Yeah, I didn't see any Don Vito on it either. I found this on Wikipedia though: "The Don Vito scenes are not on the DVD version, presumably due to his arrest. Rake Yohn said that they'll be on the DVD".

Apparently they are making a sort of Jackass 2.5 (which is going to be direct-to-DVD), because Johnny Knoxville couldn't stop doing stuff and filming it. Hopefully the Don Vito clips will be on there instead. I know that some of the Don Vito footage can be seen on YouTube and the like, but I think there's more that hasn't been released.

Post InfoPosted 30-Dec-2006 08:21Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
yea me too. even tho he was accused of what did what he did (i dont know, i'm not following it. lets still see his stuff from the movie

speaking of jackass, I hear they finally released jackass volume one. i gotta get that one

Post InfoPosted 31-Dec-2006 00:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california

I thought all the show DVDs have been out for a while now... I rented Volume One a couple months ago (I don't know how long it had been out though). One thing I didn't like about it was how the skits were not organized by episode. It was all combined, sort of like the movies (but much longer, therefore making it difficult to navigate).

Back to the movies, though, I found this bit of info on TMZ.com: "The studio was also so thrilled with the huge success of "Jackass Number Two" -- which took in $51.5 million in its first two weeks of release -- that they have greenlighted "Jackass Three" and are speeding up production on that release". Holy crap, that would be amazing. Jackass: Number Two was so good though, I don't know if they could top it. I hope they at least try, however.

Post InfoPosted 31-Dec-2006 07:13Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
they did just release one. i'm just slow gettign to it.. but yes. i wish they would have release them in episode order. not like they did.

part 3? oh gesh, i can only imagin how bad this is going to be. i just hope bam doesnt get an idea to do a viva la bam movie. but now steve-o and Pontius do a movie for Wild Boyz, that may be interesting as that show, even tho is stupid in many ways, actually does provide some education within it.

Post InfoPosted 31-Dec-2006 23:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Natalie

Three words:

Jackass: The Game

Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2007 05:59Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
RickyM
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 101
Votes: 62
male canada
EditedEdited by RickyM
I'm going to rent the DVD this weekend and re-read all the posts in this thread
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2007 06:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies