AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# Little things that add up..... crazy habits of people you live/work with
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeLittle things that add up..... crazy habits of people you live/work with
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Annoying things done by people you work with can be so funny or annoying.

talking too loudly/nonstop?
member of 'eavesdroppers anonymous'?
Plain boring?
Jekyll and Hyde boss?
waaaaay too much caffeine and too little inhibition

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2008 05:06Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have worked with all those types of people and many many more. What bugged me the most, being a teacher and watching the regular late comers who always left first and would not do one minutes extra work to help any one except them selves.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2008 08:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
oh I hate the arrive late, leave early kind

When I worked at target, there were plenty of young employees that were not allowed to work past midnight, which of course meant they didn't have to stay till the store was clean and neat... Guess who got to make up the slack

^_^

Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2008 11:20Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
The lady with the snorting laugh... I don't mind every now & then (heck everyone lets out a snorter once in a while) but this was every time there was even a hint of a giggle in the office the snorting would start again.

And of course the person who runs their social life from the constantly-ringing mobile phone and discusses all the previous weekends action or their plans for the coming weekend in a booming voice that echoes not just throughout the office but through the entire building! Makes it worse when their desk phone rings and rings and rings and is ignored because they are too busy on the mobile.

Phones left to ring unanswered annoy me... I don't get it how people can ignore a ringing phone and continue their chat! (maybe that's a relic from my first job in a pizza store - a ringing phone must never go unanswered... I used to have nightmares about being chased by ringing phones lol)

G_T

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2008 14:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
The one who insists on training me about every detail of a job - a job I have done before (I started listening because it had been a few month since I had done a particular task, and then it was too late), and telling me very basic concepts that I learned over a year ago...

><>
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2008 16:40Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
girls I work with spend all day on their cell phones talking to their boyfriends instead of answering the phones.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2008 18:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
To be fair, monkeyboy, they are answering some phones.
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2008 18:22Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
female australia
ha ha Joe. Right you are. Called 'priority attentiveness to incoming calls'

Gone troppo, I hear you on the annoying laugh. I used to work with a guy who did a bit of a number. It was almost silent but really a toned down Mutley. Funny really.

And I recently turned down my volume on my phone. Not everyone wants to hear "Ghetto Gospel". Can't imagine why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post InfoPosted 16-Sep-2008 04:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
Open Mouth Chewing!!! Smacking lips together, popping gum.. etc. .

my biggest pet peeve in the world!! But, especially at work. When it's not so easy to get up and walk away

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 18-Sep-2008 04:21Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
female australia
Putting kitchen utensils away before I have used them. Where is the colander I put in the sink?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post InfoPosted 21-Sep-2008 08:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
People that play loud music with the bass turned all the way up all day

And all night
and the cops that don't do ANYTHING about it, no matter how many times we try

And being forced to sell your house at a bad time in the market and not having anyone come look and losing over $100 a day that the house doesn't sell all because PEOPLE THAT THINK THE WORLD BELONGS TO THEM AND CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT!!!!

And no, that didn't make me feel better.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 03-Oct-2008 01:07Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
Lighten up, Francis.
Post InfoPosted 03-Oct-2008 01:45Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
female australia
Babel that's not fun is it?
I count myself lucky that I am surrounded only by door slammers not metal fans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post InfoPosted 03-Oct-2008 05:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Replace the above post with the word (leave the seriously ticked off angry faces) along the lines of 'people who are home and too stupid to make their dogs shut up and let them bark for hours.' We've got dozens in a stones throw of our hours.

You can also replace the above post (again leaving the seriously ticked off angry faces) with something along the lines of 'people who are too lazy to raise their kids properly and think it's okay to let them scream and yell all day long doing nothing but making little funny noises to try and get them to quiet down just a bit'
And yes, I know I'm not a mother, but I know I wasn't raised to scream for hours, and neither were any of my siblings, and you can bet that anyone that's raised in my house won't be raised that way.

*sigh*

And here I thought I'd be able to relax after a very long day trying to get things ready for next week.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 04-Oct-2008 10:42Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
You can also replace the above post (again leaving the seriously ticked off angry faces) with something along the lines of 'people who are too lazy to raise their kids properly and think it's okay to let them scream and yell all day long doing nothing but making little funny noises to try and get them to quiet down just a bit'
And yes, I know I'm not a mother, but I know I wasn't raised to scream for hours, and neither were any of my siblings, and you can bet that anyone that's raised in my house won't be raised that way.

That really annoys me aswell! CONTROL THOSE KIDS!
Post InfoPosted 04-Oct-2008 13:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Ironhand74
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 69
Votes: 295
male usa
EditedEdited by Ironhand74
Hey Babel, check out the "pocket" EMP( electromagnetic-pulse) generators. The only downfall is you have to be within a fairly close range..20 ft or less depending on output, that will take care of ALL energized electronic within the range of effectiveness ...wiped out, totally useless.... the best discreet way to silence those noisy BOOM BOOM radios..... ( insert sinister laugh here) hehehehe....HAHAHAHAHAH HEHEHEHEHE

I hear ya on the topic of irresponsible parenting....GRRRRRRRRR

J.
Post InfoPosted 05-Oct-2008 05:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
ah Ironhand that'd be great, shame we're slightly further than 20ft away from most all noises. One would think we wouldn't be effected so much but there ya go.

As for irresponsible parenting, adam and I were blown away when we spotted a 4 year old at the grocery store running around in a tshirt and diaper and nothing else poking at all breads, dropping the fruit on the floor, throwing the tomatoes, and the mother not doing a thing! Later the kid started to scream really loudly.

*sigh*

^_^

Post InfoPosted 05-Oct-2008 09:34Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
I do the loud bass system. but only do it on the roads, never in near houses.

uncontrolled Kids and stupid people on airplanes.

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 05-Oct-2008 15:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies